Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default When timer set, no notifications show on the watch

When I set a timer like "set timer for 5 minutes" the timer status displays on the bottom of the watch face with a pause button if needed. While the timer is running, no other notifcations are shown on the watch. Am I doing it wrong?

Global Posts
    13,146 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: When timer set, no notifications show on the watch

Quote Originally Posted by kwijybo View Post
    When I set a timer like "set timer for 5 minutes" the timer status displays on the bottom of the watch face with a pause button if needed. While the timer is running, no other notifcations are shown on the watch. Am I doing it wrong?
    Interesting. I don't thin you are doing anything wrong. This may be how Android Wear handles certain notifications while certain activities are running. Not sure if it's by design, or a bug. Let us know if you are able to find a workaround or if there's something you do to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, would setting an alarm for 5-minutes, as opposed to a timer, fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by kwijybo View Post
    I have this same issue. As a diabetic I frequently have to set a 2 hour timer and not getting my notifications during this 2 hour time is not really an option. I've had to start setting alarms rather than timers.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Same issue here. Noticed it when at a football match, had timer set to time first half and noticed I wasn't getting score updates from other games, turned off timer for second half, notifications worked away. An odd one that

*deleted* misread the issue here while trying to find a fix for another issue I was seeing