Will Gear Live connect to Galaxy S5's S-Health app?

FaintDeftone

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I own the Galaxy S5 and I LOVE the S-Health app included on the phone. I'm still deciding on grabbing a Gear Live watch but one big factor for me is the assistance in my running/hiking/walking routines. If the Gear Live can use it's heart rate monitor and pedometer and integrate that data into S-Health exercise routines, that would be awesome. Anybody know if it does this or do you have to stick to it's barebones fitness app?

Thanks!

JeffK_Tx

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Gear Live smartwatch over a month ago believing a Samsung watch would work with the S-Health app on my Galaxy Note 3. Unfortunately, it appears, at least for now, that the watch does not sync fitness data (like steps taken) with the S-Health app on the phone. I wear my watch throughout the day but don't always carry my phone, thus the step counts my Gear Live and the S-Health app on my phone are different. I wish they would sync so as to adjust to the watch data which is a more accurate assessment of my daily activity. It appears that older Gear products with the Tizen OS do allow this feature on the S-Health app but not the New Gear Live (with the Android OS). For now I am just disappointed and I am waiting anxiously for Google Fit (on the watch) to evolve or S-Health app (on the phone) to allow the Gear Live to sync steps.

McLuke

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Just purchased a S5 and Gear Live only to discover that S Health and Gear Live aren't compatible (what a joke) Google fit really isn't on the same scale as S Health and am just really annoyed that it isn't compatible, I'm awaiting a response from Samsung and will post here once I get it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc