Off the grid

G_R_B

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I enjoy hiking and this often takes us off the cell grid. When we are off the grid I notice my Gear Live has problems with things that are not (as far as I know) connected to cell reception. Yesterday for example the step counter said something like "sorry Fit has stopped working" when I tried to check my step count, even bringing up the watch face and swiping through the screens was slow at best and usually non responsive. I had to restart the watch using the side button to bring it back to life. It still had 70% battery at this time. On another occasion, another day off grid, I looked down and the watch said it was trying to download an update to the system, (only thing I can figure is it was trying to reset itself) of course since we were off the cell grid, it hung until the battery died. I understand without wifi or cell reception I will not get weather updates and cards etc, but the step counter, time functions and gps should all work (gps does as a matter of fact). Any ideas on what is going on and if there is anything I can do to at least get a step count and tell the time when I am off grid? Should I disconnect the watch from the phone before going off grid? Phone is a fully updated Nexus 4 if that matters. Thanks for any and all help - Gary

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
I would try to disconnect the watch next time. See if the same thing happens.