More hardware breakage - total junk

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So I discovered that the holes that hold the charging cradle have degenerated. The last removal of the cradle must have stressed it too much.

c4910f20716c1d9b9a6fa93890a3cb49.jpg

The cradle no longer stays on the watch. The other side looks like this - presumably it is still viable on that side but showing wear.

edf32ae0853b1ae2380d672db7679940.jpg

This is the second of two unrelated and totally unacceptable hardware issues.

I went with Samsung for Android Wear because I figured they had been around the block already with wearables and would be able to avoid design and manufacturing pitfalls.

Boy was that wishful thinking.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That sucks, at first I couldn't tell what the device was, then I recognized the device. I just got my Moto360 but I won't be using it until I get the alternative watchband connectors from SteelConnect https://www.steelconnect.co/ so I can get rid of the "premium" plastic ones that Motorola used and are know to easily break.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
That sucks, at first I couldn't tell what the device was, then I recognized the device. I just got my Moto360 but I won't be using it until I get the alternative watchband connectors from SteelConnect https://www.steelconnect.co/ so I can get rid of the "premium" plastic ones that Motorola used and are know to easily break.
The two people I know who have 360s both have cracked casebacks from the stress of the attachment points for the band. Might see if I can get Amex to make me whole on this one and then wait out the release of the 360 2.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tqoliver

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I've got the same issue. I have to tape my charger to the watch to get a charge. Ugh!! I'm just waiting to the fall to see if anything comes into the market that is worth buying. I like the watch but the charging scheme always seemed a bit flimsy. I'm disappointed in Samsung for not making this right for customers who bought the Gear Live and it's inferior by design charger holders.

Britt Amtower1

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
My cradle broke in the first two weeks. I have to lay it down and place a very heavy power drill battery on it to keep the connections for it to charge which has worked for a year or so. Now, it won't charge at all and will not turn on. It has seen it's last day. This watch was pathetic in every aspect. Terrible decision, but it wasn't that expensive. Waiting for the Huawei watch to come out. The flat tire is still there on the new moto 360 so that is a deal killer for me. GRRR. I hope the Huawei watch comes out soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress