Anyone having problems with the 'day' after Feb 29, 2016?

MCC57

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Gear Live sync'd to a Samsung Galaxy 5S. The Gear is set to sync the date/time from the phone. On Feb 29 the phone showed the right date but the watch showed Mon Mar 1. Ever since Feb 29 the date is correct, but the day has been one day back [for today, Thurs Mar 03, 2016, the Gear Live shows Wed Mar 03, 2016]. I have been online with Samsung support. From this I have rebooted the Gear Live and wiped all the data, disconnected and reconnected the watch and phone, and generally tried everything they said, but to no avail. Their current response is to take it into a service centre to be 'fixed'. Samsung, I think this is a problem with the leap year somehow.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung Gear Live sync'd to a Samsung Galaxy 5S. The Gear is set to sync the date/time from the phone. On Feb 29 the phone showed the right date but the watch showed Mon Mar 1. Ever since Feb 29 the date is correct, but the day has been one day back [for today, Thurs Mar 03, 2016, the Gear Live shows Wed Mar 03, 2016]. I have been online with Samsung support. From this I have rebooted the Gear Live and wiped all the data, disconnected and reconnected the watch and phone, and generally tried everything they said, but to no avail. Their current response is to take it into a service centre to be 'fixed'. Samsung, I think this is a problem with the leap year somehow.

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you do a factory reset on the watch?

MCC57

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I did a factory reset on the watch. I was online to Samsung support and this was one of the things they asked me to do. I also had a disconnect and reconnect. After the factory reset (which wiped all data as well etc.) I had to re-pair the watch and phone. Still have this problem. I guess if my watch face did not have the 'day' I would not have noticed the problem.