Downsides of Tizen?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not many developers for it. I can't recall is Android apps are compatible or not (I am inclined to say no).
Not long ago Samsung offered a bonus for developers to go to Tizen offering a sum I can't remember, and the last I knew, there weren't many takers.

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Here's an interesting article about the future of Wear.

What will we see in new updates?

Singleton: One of the things we're going to be able to do is add the ability for these devices to start working with some of the other devices you might wear on your body. So we'll have an update coming that allows you to pair a Bluetooth headset with your watch. And that means you can play music stored on your watch directly on your Bluetooth headset.

Alongside that, we're introducing GPS support for the platform. So that's obviously only for devices that have the GPS hardware. But we're excited about those two features together because it unlocks a whole set of new use cases.

If you're someone who likes to go for a run, it might be convenient to be able to leave your phone at home. So you can start recording your track with GPS on the watch. You can throw on some music and have a really enjoyable run. And when you come back home, everything will be synced up with the apps running on your phone.

Although he doesn't say when these updates are due.

I was curious about the music player part because I see some of the newer Wear watch offerings from Samsung, Sony, and LG have the same 4GB of internal storage as the Tizen watches.

Google says Android Wear about to get even smarter (Q&A) - CNET

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital