Gear S available November 7th

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thank You! Finally the news most of us have been waiting for. Since I am with T mobile, $350 is not bad, with $5 per month for the data plan. I will definitely preorder mine today! Any news yet if indeed a second phone number is needed?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Yay! One week and I'm all over this perhaps I can replace my iPad with this? Lol I love technology! I'm guessing there will be no pre order since it's out in a week? I want to know Best Buy pricing also...

From my smokin' hot Note 4

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Off contract pricing is $300 according to a seemingly knowledgeable rep. Also said Bluetooth only is not available.

Gsxr151

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Shoot...so far the T-Mobile "deal" sounds best. $350, no contract, and only $5 a month? At&T is out of their mind...who's going to sign a 2-year contract on a watch that's "the latest and greatest" for about 6-9 month, until the Gear S2 launches, and $10 a month??? I'm search all over, any idea what the "buy it outright" price is with At&t, for those smart consumers? LOL at a 2-year contract on a freekin' smartwatch.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Shoot...so far the T-Mobile "deal" sounds best. $350, no contract, and only $5 a month? At&T is out of their mind...who's going to sign a 2-year contract on a watch that's "the latest and greatest" for about 6-9 month, until the Gear S2 launches, and $10 a month??? I'm search all over, any idea what the "buy it outright" price is with At&t, for those smart consumers? LOL at a 2-year contract on a freekin' smartwatch.
I just said it's $300 lol

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I look for the pre-order on the Tmobile site but couldn't find any.

The closest thing I found was a notification form.

At this link..

explore.t-mobile.com/samsung-gear-s-wearable

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I look for the pre-order on the Tmobile site but couldn't find any.

The closest thing I found was a notification form.

At this link..

explore.t-mobile.com/samsung-gear-s-wearable
From what I cam tell there will be no pre order since it comes out Friday. That was AT&T tho...

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any information on how the phone will work with an AT&T Unlimited Data Plan? I don't have a mobile share plan, can it be added to my account without effecting my unlimited data? I am not adverse to buying the Gear S outright, especially at $300, if it means I can get full functionality and keep my unlimited data plan but it seems like any change to my account requires that they remove the unlimited, the other day I called AT&T to inquire about adding a 5GB tethering plan to my account (need for work) and I was told that I would lose unlimited data as I could not have a separate pool of data just for tethering, so have a sneaking suspicion that adding the Gear S to my account will be another opportunity to rid me of unlimited data plan.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You can buy the Gear S and don't use any SIM card or swap the SIM card between your phone and Gear S. You just can't have both with SIM cards. That will require change to your account.

I seriously doubt Gear S will be $300 off contract on AT&T. We will see. Since Gear S is 3G only, at worst, we can still buy the T-Mo version and use it on AT&T. No sure what kind of bands these will support as T-Mo requires AWS support.

The original spec for Gear S (GSM) shows only dual bands: either 900/1800 or 850/1900. This will make it truly useless (for stand alone use) for those travel internationally. For US, 850/1900 works for AT&T but a lot of T-Mo 3G towers are still on AWS (1700/2100).

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Still unsure how the call forwarding feature works...

I assume that once you turn call forwarding on, all calls, texts, etc will be pushed to the watch instead of your device?

If so, that's pretty convenient.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I was told it's $300 off contract. The guy was pretty competent as he already knew the gear s had been announced the day I called. I think it seems legit. He did tell me that I couldn't do a Bluetooth only option (which I don't believe). Hey it comes out in a week I'll be there along all the questions. For the unlimited data I would think you could just pay the $10 and continue with unlimited data.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
reesh, I like your answer much better than foxbat's. Time will tell, I guess.
Yea I figure the wait is not nearly as long as with the Note 4 and assuming all reps are idiots lol we can just call the stores once they are in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol