Call forwarding Issues

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get it enabled in-between different states. When that is enabled, I got the choice of Gear number or Mobile phone number. Obviously you was able to do the same in previous picture. Not sure if it is AT&T disabled it or just a software glitch.

I figured it out. Switch the mobile data connection to always on and the option will work. I was going off a hunch and sure enough it worked.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get it enabled in-between different states. When that is enabled, I got the choice of Gear number or Mobile phone number. Obviously you was able to do the same in previous picture. Not sure if it is AT&T disabled it or just a software glitch.
Ah, oh well. I have TMobile. I have seen a YouTube video a week before the launch of the Gear S that showed a choice to select the Gear or phone number, but mine doesn't give that choice. Perhaps it's only for the UK region?

How to use the Call and Message features independ…: http://youtu.be/xBas9g_ur10

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Ha, Bummer...it only works when I am connected via bluetooth, but not in remote or standalone. Thanks though. Personally, I don't know why folks would call from their watch if connected via bluetooth with their phone when the phone is much easier to do calls. You would think most folks would do calls from a watch when it is in remote or standalone mode.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ha, Bummer...it only works when I am connected via bluetooth, but not in remote or standalone. Thanks though. Personally, I don't know why folks would call from their watch if connected via bluetooth with their phone when the phone is much easier to do calls. You would think most folks would do calls from a watch when it is in remote or standalone mode.

I've done quite a few times. Especially when my phone is in my backpack. Or its been cold lately and it's easier to SVoice call someone with gloves and not taking my phone out and having to unlock via fingerprint. It definitely is helpful when I'm on my motorcycle.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I've done quite a few times. Especially when my phone is in my backpack. Or its been cold lately and it's easier to SVoice call someone with gloves and not taking my phone out and having to unlock via fingerprint. It definitely is helpful when I'm on my motorcycle.

I see. I have my bluetooth headset on when I make calls; SVoice or Google voice commands are a necessity.

Tom Rope

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I thought I found the workaround to the whole call forwarding issue by going into my Note 4 Call settings and putting in my Gear's phone number for missed calls. However, it will work only once and then gets changed back to the voice mail number. I went into the Gear manager and unselected the auto call forwarding and also unchecked it on the watch, thinking they were changing it back, but it still keeps getting changed back to the voice mail number. All I want is for my calls to be forwarded to my watch if I am out of range of the Bluetooth connection. I've spent a total of 5 hours at the AT&T store with their tech people and they haven't been able to figure it out, other than to say it's because we are on an "old" plan and need to upgrade to the Next and Shared plans.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't have mine yet. But I remember reading it in one of the threads, according to others that have it, what you're asking can be done.

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Calling from the S is much faster for me because I have my top 8 contacts on a contacts widget (with photos) to the right of the home screen. And if I'm really working the phone, I double press my home button and up pops my recent call list which gives me my complete phone log where I can easily find the number I want.

mike maesot

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i read all the post and since i am in south east asia and traveling between HK, Cambodia and Thailand, i thought i could offer a little light at the end of the tunnel for the 2 main issues, forwarding and gear number vs note number for outgoing. here we go...

1. For the forwarding, the auto forwarding is very buggy, it is a software issue and seems to be more on the gear s side. If you switch off the bluetooth on your phone you will see that your note will actually notify you that the call forward has been activated BUT your gear s will keep popping up an error message that it was not able to set auto call forward. All i did was stop using the gear s after hitting the OK to accept that it could not connect. Wait for the next pop up to tell you that it is forwarding before playing with anything else on the gear s. In short, this is buggy and i am sure with some updates it will be smother although its not that bad. It works the same with sim cards from all countries i have traveled.

2. For the forwarding and outgoing call to show the correct note number, this was tricky. its the sim card. in Cambodia no matter what i do and same in HK,... (using top up sims) once connected remotely, its greyed out, can not use my note number from my gear... HOWEVER in Thailand, where i am a post paid monthly customer. I called them and told them which number i was using in gear s and which i was using in Note. I was asking for a promotion, but they said none available yet. After that simple call to inquire, i found that on my gears, when remotely connected i indeed had the option to call out using my note phone number. SO GUYS/GALS, my conclusion is it must be with the carrier and perhaps some carriers have not figured all this out yet....

Good Luck.

mike maesot

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I think I have solved my problem of something I though AT&T has disabled with the outgoing number on the Gear S. So if you go to settings, call, and outgoing call on the Gear, it's grayed and won't let you change the outgoing number. I found out from hunch this is because the setting for the mobile data is set to Auto by default. Meaning you don't have that option available because the Gear Radios are turned off automatically. If you change the setting from Auto to Always On ( Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks - Use Mobile Network) the outgoing number will no longer be grayed out and you will now have the option to use either you Gear number or Phone's number for outgoing calls. This is only for when you connected to the phone via Bluetooth.

Also if you have long press with one finger on the notification screen, you can view all the notification and select to close specific ones by the red minus sign that will appear.

mike maesot

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I found this on another topic and it worked for me even when they were top up sims so pretty cool!! but .... when you turn off blue tooth it is greyed out again and bad news is it is back to gear number so in fact you can not turn on with these top up sims, but like i mention above you can have it set like this with the Thai post paid sims after they turned some setting on. So everyone good luck, better call your provider.

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So while messing around with the settings for google voice and the gear s, I have found that if you activate google voicemail on your phone then the call forwarding option will not work when remotely connected to your gear. Calls forwarded TO the gear s work as they should. As soon as I deactivate google voicemail on my phone, and my phone & gear are connected remotely I have no issues with getting my calls from my main cell phone line forwarded to the gear. This is kind of a bummer cause I was hoping that i'd be able to use google voicemail and thier transcription service because tmo charges $3 per month for it. Womp comp. I rarely get voicemails so it's not the end of the world.

queenbee0616

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I also have T-Mobile. To forward my note 4# to gear when the note is turned off. On my note 4, I had to go to settings, call, additional settings,call forwarding, under "always forward" disabled, "forward when busy " change to your gear s number, "forward when unanswered " change to gear s phone number, "forward when unreachable " change to your gear s phone number. After I did this I had no more forwarding issues.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I also have T-Mobile. To forward my note 4# to gear when the note is turned off. On my note 4, I had to go to settings, call, additional settings,call forwarding, under "always forward" disabled, "forward when busy " change to your gear s number, "forward when unanswered " change to gear s phone number, "forward when unreachable " change to your gear s phone number. After I did this I had no more forwarding issues.
To clarify, can it work when your watch is also in remote connection mode, and when your phone is not turned off? Also, when calling out or sending a new text from your watch, which number shows up, your watch or phone ?

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
To clarify, can it work when your watch is also in remote connection mode, and when your phone is not turned off? Also, when calling out or sending a new text from your watch, which number shows up, your watch or phone ?

Phone must be on. It sends data to the watch.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Phone must be on. It sends data to the watch.

Yes, you are right that the phone must be on to receive data to the watch, but I am curious if call forwarding itself still works perfectly when in remote mode, with the same steps to enable it in the phone setting. If so, I would prefer that way, cuz like you said, I can still get texts, emails, etc.

Now, the other issue I have is, even with the new update, I am still unable to have my phone number displayed when calling from the watch, same with new outging texts...any suggestion?

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you are right that the phone must be on to receive data to the watch, but I am curious if call forwarding itself still works perfectly when in remote mode, with the same steps to enable it in the phone setting. If so, I would prefer that way, cuz like you said, I can still get texts, emails, etc.

Now, the other issue I have is, even with the new update, I am still unable to have my phone number displayed when calling from the watch, same with new outging texts...any suggestion?

It should forward regardless if phone is on or off as that is a network setting for the phone. I use the word should loosely.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63