Att is telling me something completely different, HELP

vanpride64

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
att told me that I need to have my android phone 'on' in order for the watch to make/receive calls. but it has its own sim and can display its own number? can someone with a gear s on (att), power off their phone , and use just the watch's number to receive/make calls. and let me know if it works" for sure".
that way my GF can get a android phone and I can get Windows phone and still be able to SETUP the watch but use it separately from the android phone CALL forwarding feature.
I hope I worded this correctly so everyone understands what im asking. "If I have the gear s watch setup/updated and activated and 'have no android phone' , can I just use the gear s as my daily phone?"

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
att told me that I need to have my android phone 'on' in order for the watch to make/receive calls. but it has its own sim and can display its own number? can someone with a gear s on (att), power off their phone , and use just the watch's number to receive/make calls. and let me know if it works" for sure".
that way my GF can get a android phone and I can get Windows phone and still be able to SETUP the watch but use it separately from the android phone CALL forwarding feature.
I hope I worded this correctly so everyone understands what im asking. "If I have the gear s watch setup/updated and activated and 'have no android phone' , can I just use the gear s as my daily phone?"
I just turned my phone completely off and made two phone calls. Received one as well. No problems at all. They must have meant when connected to bluetooth the phone has to be on or they may have been thinking of a totally different watch. It works for me.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

vanpride64

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
no , I just talked to them, for the 4th time. I just wanted to make sure they didn't know what they were talking about. thank you for clearing everything up. I hope they get their story straight.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just turned my phone completely off and made two phone calls. Received one as well. No problems at all. They must have meant when connected to bluetooth the phone has to be on or they may have been thinking of a totally different watch. It works for me.

Just want you to know that I HATE YA!!! :D

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
no , I just talked to them, for the 4th time. I just wanted to make sure they didn't know what they were talking about. thank you for clearing everything up. I hope they get their story straight.

Never trust whatever AT&T CSR told you. Never. It works standalone or tethered with BT. Just download the manual from Samsung and read it.

vanpride64

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
well said. but since it is so new and I don't know anyone that has one. they were the only ppl I could ask, before going to the forum. thank you everyone.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
well said. but since it is so new and I don't know anyone that has one. they were the only ppl I could ask, before going to the forum. thank you everyone.
You should come to the forum first we know more than them usually lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol