if you're a Sprint customer without a family share plan they want to charge you $30 a month instead

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am a Sprint customer with the $60 unlimited plan. Went into my store to get a Gear S, figure for an extra $10 a month not a big deal. Well turns out that if you are a Sprint customer without a family share plan they want to charge you $30 a month instead of $10! Of course i didnt do it but is this for real????

Posted via the Android Central App

riceastwood

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am a Sprint customer with the $60 unlimited plan. Went into my store to get a Gear S, figure for an extra $10 a month not a big deal. Well turns out that if you are a Sprint customer without a family share plan they want to charge you $30 a month instead of $10! Of course i didnt do it but is this for real????

Don't be surprised I have the old everything plan and when I went to up grade from the Note 2 to the 4 they said I would have to change my plan. I look at the rep like she was crazy and asked for the supervisor and he said they couldn't upgrade to the Note 4 old my old contract so I left. Still stuck with my Note 2 smh.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If buy it outright. It will be $10 a month.

If you do easy pay. It's $13 + $10 a month

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
If buy it outright. It will be $10 a month.

If you do easy pay. It's $13 + $10 a month

Thats what i had thought but clearly this is not the case. Sorry but i dont need or want it that bad.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This thread made my decision:

I have a data plan with AT&T for my wife's Nexus 7, $30/3gb.

My Note 4 is on Sprint, with the all-in plan, which apparently wouldn't qualify for the lower price data add-on for the Gear S, so that would be another $30/month.

Well...I picked the S up at AT&T for $84 less than Sprint. IF I decide I want a data plan on the S, I'll switch my wife's tablet plan to a mobile share plan, $30/4gb plan base+ $10 to add the tablet. Another $10 adds the S, and I still come out $10/mo cheaper than what Sprint wants.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This thread made my decision:

I have a data plan with AT&T for my wife's Nexus 7, $30/3gb.

My Note 4 is on Sprint, with the all-in plan, which apparently wouldn't qualify for the lower price data add-on for the Gear S, so that would be another $30/month.

Well...I picked the S up at AT&T for $84 less than Sprint. IF I decide I want a data plan on the S, I'll switch my wife's tablet plan to a mobile share plan, $30/4gb plan base+ $10 to add the tablet. Another $10 adds the S, and I still come out $10/mo cheaper than what Sprint wants.

Thats a good work around but it shouldnt have to be that way. My Note 4 is on Sprint as well and if i were to decide to get an S then i would go the AT&T route and just buy it outright then worry about data plan later if i decide i want that.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Thats a good work around but it shouldnt have to be that way. My Note 4 is on Sprint as well and if i were to decide to get an S then i would go the AT&T route and just buy it outright then worry about data plan later if i decide i want that.

Well yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. I really don't know if I'm going to need that data plan (not looking like it so far), so buying it at AT&T was an easy decision.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I ended up going to Tmobile and getting one there for $15/m. Still more than half of what sprint wanted me to do