Working out with the watch

alvinwooley

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone use the watch for a run without being tethered to the phone, While listening to music with bluetooth. Want to know how the battery held up.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Did that for an hour with the exception of the music. But the hrm and gps was going the whole time. Knocked 30% off my charge.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone use the watch for a run without being tethered to the phone, While listening to music with bluetooth. Want to know how the battery held up.

Yes, I did today. I streamed Milk Music from my Gear S's cellular connection to my Bluetooth headset. BY FAR and as you'd expect, this was been the biggest battery drainer.

It used approximately 40% battery in approximately a one hour workout. The more times I skipped a song, however or changed the station, the worse it was. Letting it just play randomly isn't as bad, fortunately.

I guess this is what we'd expect to be the biggest drainer.

For the rest of the day, I had it tethered via Bluetooth to my Note 4 and the battery life was superb. Essentially, it just dripped battery life like my old Gear Fit and Gear 1 did throughout the day when connected to my device.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm needing this thing to last a marathon (4hrs) in standalone/remote mode so I can leave my phone at home or in the car. I'll be using GPS for Endomondo or something similar to track my run and cellular for receiving notifications etc. I'm not bothered about music as I'm still gonna use my iPod Nano 6th gen with wired headphones. If it can't last that long off a full charge I'll be gutted

sent from my Galaxy s5

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm needing this thing to last a marathon (4hrs) in standalone/remote mode so I can leave my phone at home or in the car. I'll be using GPS for Endomondo or something similar to track my run and cellular for receiving notifications etc. I'm not bothered about music as I'm still gonna use my iPod Nano 6th gen with wired headphones. If it can't last that long off a full charge I'll be gutted

sent from my Galaxy s5
Endomondo will not work without being tethered to the phone as of right now. Right now it is either s health or nike+

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21