Hidden features, tricks, or discoveries you wanna share?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Of course the watch is not perfect, and I suspect updates to come shortly, but so far, what features or shortcuts are useful? For me, great to see you can transfer unlimited songs from phone to watch. The Gear 2 only allowed up to 15-20 songs at a time depending on the file size.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
from the notifications screen if you scroll down just a bit "dismiss all" shows up ....love being able to clear the deck all at once.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If you want to just forward your device line and not have the 20 sec delay before it forward, just set it in your phone call setting to always. May be an added step but with the forwarding bug not always 100% this a good and for sure alternative that your calls will get forwarded. Plus you won't have to worry about the forwarding fail notification.

Posted via the Android Central App

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If not on watch screen use two fingers and hold. Will bring up recent apps

Attachments

• Screen-20141114120606.jpg
    Screen-20141114120606.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 165

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
More things I have found. Of course this would be quicker if I just read the manual.

I think I have solved my problem of something I though AT&T has disabled with the outgoing number on the Gear S. So if you go to settings, call, and outgoing call on the Gear, it's grayed and won't let you change the outgoing number. I found out from hunch this is because the setting for the mobile data is set to Auto by default. Meaning you don't have that option available because the Gear Radios are turned off automatically. If you change the setting from Auto to Always On ( Settings - Connections - Mobile Networks - Use Mobile Network) the outgoing number will no longer be grayed out and you will now have the option to use either you Gear number or Phone's number for outgoing calls. This is only for when you connected to the phone via Bluetooth.

Also if you have long press with one finger on the notification screen, you can view all the notification and select to close specific ones by the red minus sign that will appear.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps you all may know these two things already:

1. When using SVoice for simple commands, such as "read text.", it reads AND displays unread text messages on your screen instead of you needing to swipe to open the text message app. It's especially convenient when you have several unread text messages or emails by way of notifications. More convenient if you are using your bluetooth headset. I just hate to swipe endlessly to find things.

2. The attached pic shows the 2 different icons between the Gear number and phone number, since text messages or missed calls can come from either number.

Attachments

• 1416275169940.jpg
    1416275169940.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 51

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I love that S voice reads texts. Ppl can say what they want about it but that's one thing Google Now can't do (to my knowledge)

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Can you show me a picture with it on your arm?
d34dcb552c1f3581b07386961ff7996d.jpg

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
When reading text emails or notifications double tap to change the font size.

Also when typing if you need to edit long pressing the text for the magnifier

Check the different options for your keyboard in the settings. Gear Keyboard is awesome.

Attachments

• Screen-20141118150855(0).jpg
    Screen-20141118150855(0).jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 98

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you would consider this a feature, but you can actually call/receive a call or compose/reply to a text on either device simultaneously and separately, truly 2 separate lines. I had my mother in my car today, and she needed to make a call to dad. I was on a call with a friend on my Gear, but didn't want to end it. I told my mom to use my phone instead, it worked! We were both conversing with 2 different people at the same time!

Last edited:

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you want to just forward your device line and not have the 20 sec delay before it forward, just set it in your phone call setting to always. May be an added step but with the forwarding bug not always 100% this a good and for sure alternative that your calls will get forwarded. Plus you won't have to worry about the forwarding fail notification.

Where is this option at ?? Cant find it

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Where is this option at ?? Cant find it

You have to do it by your phone setting

Settings
Calls
Additional Settings
Call forwarding

Make sure turn off call forwarding in your Gear Manager

Reset phone and make sure number still shows.

DoyouFanBoyBro

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
But if you turn off call forwarding in the gear manager then dont you lose the SMS functionality as well that uses your phones number when sending from the gear ?

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
But if you turn off call forwarding in the gear manager then dont you lose the SMS functionality as well that uses your phones number when sending from the gear ?

Remote connect and call forwarding are two separate function.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek