Opera Browser - Name as Installed?

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Installed Opera on my first ATT Gear s - installed fine as it had never been installed before. Have my new Verizon Gear S (decided I wanted stand alone phone option) -went to install Opera and same thing happens when it thinks you already have the App installed - says "VIEW App in Gear Manager". Anyone know what Opera installs on your Phone when it downloads and installs opera on the Gear S? For apps like Strava I was able to remove it from my Note and was able to re-install on my S. I had these problems because I had already installed Strava on my Gear 2.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes - but do you see anything on your phone under App Manger showing it was installed?

Gear Manger itself is proving to be quite a bit buggy. Some see all apps installed ... some not so much.

It's listed in my Gear Manager apps

Posted via the Android Central App

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes - but do you see anything on your phone under App Manger showing it was installed?

Gear Manger itself is proving to be quite a bit buggy. Some see all apps installed ... some not so much.

No to your question. very buggy

Posted via the Android Central App

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah - it's weird as other app's seem to either show up as full app or you see a child app that says something like Gear s. I found this for several of the running app's and was able to uninstall them from Note and able to install them again from Gear Manager. Looks like no Opera on the S for me... that is until I spend the time to get my Note 4 setup and transfer everything over. Something else I learned is that you can only pair the S with one phone. When you try to pair it with another it forces a WIPE.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am a newbie, old one at that. With that said, yesterday, in setting up my Gear S, I wanted that Opera Browser..However, the way I did it the first time, it installed on my Note 4, and not on the Gear S. I uninstalled, read a little more, and this time I installed through the Gear Manager and the App was Opera Mini.. It shows up on my Gear S, and I can use it.. For me this is a big learning curve..I returned my the Original Gear way back when, only to find out it was USER ERROR!! ;)

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, I am a newbie, old one at that. With that said, yesterday, in setting up my Gear S, I wanted that Opera Browser..However, the way I did it the first time, it installed on my Note 4, and not on the Gear S. I uninstalled, read a little more, and this time I installed through the Gear Manager and the App was Opera Mini.. It shows up on my Gear S, and I can use it.. For me this is a big learning curve..I returned my the Original Gear way back when, only to find out it was USER ERROR!! ;)
Ha, same here. There is a big learning curve for me on this baby, but I don't mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech