Does Google Voice work with Gear S?

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Just as the title states...Does Google Voice work with Gear S at all?

I'm thinking of buying the Gear S and would like to forward my google voice calls specifically to my Gear S phone number (and not my Note 4's cell number)
Has anyone tried this? If so, when you try to make calls from your Gear S, does it give the option to use either your google voice number or your gear s number?

Thanks in advanced!

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Edit. Misread. Was thinking Google now.

I believe you can. Others had success

Posted via the Android Central App

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
There is no google voice app for the S... so I dont see how the S will be able to alert you to pick a number, much less use your GV number.

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Just as the title states...Does Google Voice work with Gear S at all?

I'm thinking of buying the Gear S and would like to forward my google voice calls specifically to my Gear S phone number (and not my Note 4's cell number)
Has anyone tried this? If so, when you try to make calls from your Gear S, does it give the option to use either your google voice number or your gear s number?

Thanks in advanced!

You can easily setup to receive calls on your S, which I've done, but so far I haven't found anyway to choose to make calls from your google voice number when using the Gear S. I think whenever you make a call from the Gear S the device's number will show up to the person you're calling.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I did a test by turning off my Note 4 and just using my S. I made a call from my other Google account to my current Google voice number and it went through the S. There is really no way to make Google voice show up as you number on the S yet and I doubt it'll ever happen. It still shows up as your S number.

There's no way to access your Google voice mail if someone leaves a voice mail. You can read what Google translate but if Google is off, the only way to get your voice mail is through the web or on your phone.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
There is no gv app for the s thus you can't make calls as your gv number. Our chosen platform (tiz )has unlimited limitations.

kandii

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have my GV set up to ask how I want to make the call ie calling someone do you want watch number to show up or do you want GV number to show up when you make this call/ You could also set GV to always call out this number

zeitgeist@live.com

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I got the watch yesterday and I use Google Voice.

because you can't have hangouts intergration on one phone and also forward messages as SMS to another, I had to revert from hangouts intergration.

I set my watch up to have all calls and texts forwarded to it... you can reply to texts easily, just you'll need to add the gv# alias to your contact's profile. this way you can actually use that number and it will call them with your google voice number as caller id? cool eh?

only issue is they need to text you first to have that setup... so you'd be stuck texting from the gv app first to get the alias.

let me know if this doesn't make sense.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Google Voice has made the S viable for me. Since I added my Gear number to my Google Voice account I receive calls and texts to my regular number (GV) regardless of my connection status to the phone. I can be Bluetooth connected, remotely connected, or not connected at all! I can also send texts and make calls from my watch using my main number (GV) regardless of connected state. I can do this because as a long time user of GV I've added Google numbers for most of my frequent contacts (when they've texted me in the past, a Google number has been automatically generated and I've recorded it as their Google number). By calling and texting them to that number when calling them from my watch, my phone number they know me by (GV) shows on their caller ID.

Jayson Norton

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
It has to be set so all your calls are made from your Google Voice # not your actual cell and it will not work with the option were it asks you first, the gear 2 will not even make an out going call if you have the option to pick between numbers.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
It has to be set so all your calls are made from your Google Voice # not your actual cell and it will not work with the option were it asks you first, the gear 2 will not even make an out going call if you have the option to pick between numbers.
You're only given the option to set all your outgoing calls with GV or to be asked before every call if you install the GV app on your phone (there is no GV app for the S that I am aware of).

As to how I do it, I just have to call the Google alias number or text them to that number instead of their regular number for my GV number to show up as the caller. There is no picking of outgoing call options.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz