I have an unlimited plan so I might go prepaid for this

Chaseman12

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a grandfathered AT&T unlimited data plan and have been told I cannot add the Gear S to my plan. First off is that true?

Let's assume for a second it is. I am thinking about just going prepaid. Question is, would calls forwarded from my phone count against my prepaid minutes? What about forwarded text messages?

If the Gear S is connected by Bluetooth would that matter?

I know that's a lot so thank you to any and all who reply.

zeitgeist@live.com

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
"I have a grandfathered AT&T unlimited data plan and have been told I cannot add the Gear S to my plan. First off is that true?"

What did ATT say when you called and asked?

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a grandfathered AT&T unlimited data plan and have been told I cannot add the Gear S to my plan. First off is that true?

Let's assume for a second it is. I am thinking about just going prepaid. Question is, would calls forwarded from my phone count against my prepaid minutes? What about forwarded text messages?

If the Gear S is connected by Bluetooth would that matter?

I know that's a lot so thank you to any and all who reply.

AT&T will only allow you to add the Gear S to your plan if you give up your Unlimited Plan and switch to a Mobile Share Plan.

You would be using your prepaid plans minutes, texting and data any time the watch is not connected to the phone via bluetooth with the exception of data when the watch is on wifi.

Chaseman12

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't wanna lose my unlimited data. What about when I respond to a text on the watch that came from the phone. Doesn't it come from my phone's number? Would that use my phone's text?

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
As I understand it, there are 2 situations when you would get a text from the phones number the first is when they are connected via bluetooth and you would be using the phones text allotment when you respond. The second is in "Remote Mode", that is the phone and the watch are connected via the cellular network/internet, in this case (as I understand it) you would get text alerts from the phone but when you respond you would be using the watch's service and its number.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12