Gear s bluetooth headset not working

Amit Oberoi

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I am using gear s, currently without a sim card and with note 4. I am able to make or receive calls using the gear s when the gear s and note 4 are connected thru bluetooth. However, for Both the outgoing calls initiated from the gear s and the incoming calls received by the gear s, the sound comes from the speaker of the watch only even though the bt headset is connected to the watch, paired and connected with phone audio and media both checked. On hitting the three small dots at the top right of the screen during a call brings 4 options, and bt headset is one of them, but it is grayed out. Pls help, how to talk using bt headset connected to the watch.

Thanks

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,
I am using gear s, currently without a sim card and with note 4. I am able to make or receive calls using the gear s when the gear s and note 4 are connected thru bluetooth. However, for Both the outgoing calls initiated from the gear s and the incoming calls received by the gear s, the sound comes from the speaker of the watch only even though the bt headset is connected to the watch, paired and connected with phone audio and media both checked. On hitting the three small dots at the top right of the screen during a call brings 4 options, and bt headset is one of them, but it is grayed out. Pls help, how to talk using bt headset connected to the watch.

Thanks

As long as the Gear is connected to the phone the headset it is not going to work through it. It would have to be thru the phone connect to the headphones. It will only work through remote or standalone. When you answer the call via Gear essentially that is considered the bluetooth connect for the call as if you hit the answer button on the headphones.

Posted via the Android Central App

Amit Oberoi

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
As long as the Gear is connected to the phone the headset it is not going to work through it. It would have to be thru the phone connect to the headphones. It will only work through remote or standalone. When you answer the call via Gear essentially that is considered the bluetooth connect for the call as if you hit the answer button on the headphones.

Thanks for the quick reply. But other ppl in other threads have mentioned that they are using this setup. And why give the option for headset along with bt connect if it cannot be used.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. But other ppl in other threads have mentioned that they are using this setup. And why give the option for headset along with bt connect if it cannot be used.

They are using it most likely because they are remote connect mode when a call was intiated. When everything is connect as bluetooth your phone is simply the hub. If you notice on your Gear S when in a call the button shows a device and a hangup. When your are not connected to the device that button turns to a Bluetooth button meaning you can click that to transfer to the bluetooth connected headset.

Think of it like this. Why would you need headset on your Gear thru bluetooth when you connected to your phone anyways?

If you ever want to answer, answer from the headset not the GearS. Then look at your Gear S icon and see if it shows device icon or bluetooth icon next to the hangup button. That's the only thing I can think of that is making it work for other as. But anytime you answer from the Gear S it's gonna always play through that.

Amit Oberoi

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Ok, got it. So when i am remotely connected only then the bt headset will work with the gear s, and when gear is connected thru bt to the note 4, then my bt headset will be also connected to the note 4, and I can see in the watch who is calling and answer thru the bt headset. I will pop in another sim in the gear tomorrow and check it out. Thanks buddy For the clarity.

Terry Zrust

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I ran into the same issue. BT connection management is done by the phone, not the Gear. This is solved by pairing your BT headset with your phone...not the Gear. Then you'll notice that you can indeed use the phone menu in the upper right Gear screen to select headphones or other audio device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol