Why can't I compose emails and why am I receiving the error messageUnable to receive messages?

iliveinchicago

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Can't Compose Emails and "Unable to receive messages" Message

Hello. Long time reader, first time post.

I'm having two issues with the Gear S and hope someone can help shed some light.

1. I can't seem to compose emails. I've watched a few YouTube videos where they swipe down and the "Compose" feature shows up. Not mine. I'm on AT&T (in case that matters) and using the stock email client on the phone.

2. When I go into apps and click on Messages, the following error message shows up "Unable to receive messages on the Gear. Change the default messaging app to Messages." I'm guessing I'm receiving this message because I'm using Hangouts (Note 3) but there isn't a Messages app on my phone. I have an app called AT&T Messages but that when I switch from Hangouts to AT&T Messages, that doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks for reading.

iliveinchicago

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't Compose Emails and "Unable to receive messages" Message

I figured out the second issue. I had the stock Android Messaging app turned off. Doh! Fixed.

Still can't compose or reply to emails though.

Thanks.

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site

Is it gmail or att.net email that you're using? or something else?

InfamousUnknown

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Not sure, but are you set up to get notifications on your phone for the email account.

I have my notifications for the one account I have in the stock app turned off on the phone and I believe it told me that would keep it from syncing with the watch.