Voicemail Notification Won't Go Away

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So I received a VM and listened to it on my phone and then deleted the VM afterwards.
I still had the notification on my watch. If I choose delete all Notifications I get a message saying Cannot clear some items.
I then went back to the notification and and clicked on the phone icon. That sent a call to my VM through my phone but it shows my Gear S number as a caller. After getting the message that says you have no new voice mails, I hang up but the notification still is on my watch.
I have restarted both my phone and Gear S but the stupid notification is still there.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
same issue here. Seems to be a Gear S specific problem but I can't figure out what setting is causing. Quick question, I was thinking that the problem arose because the SIM in my Gear S is data only and I turned on Call Forwarding to see if it would work anyway and when I turned it off something got "stuck", so my question is, do you have a SIM in your Gear S that gives you full service including calling from the Gear S number?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
same issue here. Seems to be a Gear S specific problem but I can't figure out what setting is causing. Quick question, I was thinking that the problem arose because the SIM in my Gear S is data only and I turned on Call Forwarding to see if it would work anyway and when I turned it off something got "stuck", so my question is, do you have a SIM in your Gear S that gives you full service including calling from the Gear S number?

yes I do. I ended up resetting the watch.

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I figured out what was causing the notification on my phone and, it seems it had nothing to do with the Gear S. I use Google Voice for my Voice Mail, some how a message was left on the carriers voice mail system and it was causing the persistent notification to pop up on my phone. I reset the phone to get voice mail from my carrier, signed out of Google Voice just in case, rebooted and dialed into my carriers voice mail system and sure enough there was a stray message from my wife, why it went there I do not know (I did have to reset my phone a week or two ago to fresh install Gear Manager maybe she called before I set up Google Voice again?). I deleted the message and voila, no more notification. I figured I would post this since, it would seem that a reset of the phone would not solve the problem and you will encounter it again.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much. I have tried for two days to find out how to get rid of this and it was so simple. Thank you again!

brasileiro86

May 4, 2015
Visit site
The "Page" in question took me a while to figure it out but when you select the voicemail notification on the Gear S it takes you to the "page" where it allows you to call the voicemail from the watch through the phone press and hold in the center of the watch and similarly like closing out apps on your Samsung phone the screen will in a way fade into the background and in the top right corner allow you to close that window aka the "page" and like the guy mentioned the notification goes away, it worked right away.

pambaschaefer

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I did what ou said and pressed on the notification tab. It didn't give me the option to dismiss it.
It just goes directly to my voicemail and calls it. Which says I do not have any voicemails.
I have even went to voicemail set up and told it not to notify me of new voice mails.
prior to this my phone went black and I went to sprint and they updated my software that took an hour. Eversince then I have the voicemail at the
top of my screen no matter what.

They said it is a software glitch... any suggestions?.

DonShock

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
To dismiss the voicemail notification, you need to do a long press on the screen to get it to shrink down slightly and then you'll see a red minus sign in the upper right hand corner. Click that to delete the persistent notification.

kaydblr

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Go to the voicemail notification on your Gear S.. long press it until the little red minus sign appears at the top right corner, and "remove" the actual screen itself (it doesn't get rid of your notification screen don't worry, it just deletes the voicemail notification)