Gear S uninstalling apps on my phone? (iHeartRadio)

gearshead

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I use iHeartRadio pretty extensively on the weekends and I noticed it was gone from my phone yesterday. I tried to reinstall it and it started fine, then said it had errors installing on the gear and completely removed it from my phone as well! I tried installing several times with the same result. Anyone have a workaround?

celler

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I am having exactly the same problem. Tried disabling security settings on phone and inside the Gear app with no success. It appears that while installing the IHeartRadio app for the phone it is trying to side load it on to the watch. I see that IHeartRadio does have an app for some of the Samsung watches, but apparently not the Gear S, so this would seem to be the root of the problem: the side load fails and this prevents the entire app from installing. I also would love a solution.

celler

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I received the following from IHeartRadio technical support:

I apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing with iHeartRadio. There is currently a known issue with iHeartRadio disappearing or failing to install when connected to a Samsung Gear device. We are working to resolve this issue.

However, you can still enjoy iHeartRadio with your Samsung Gear not connected to your mobile device! I know that this is not the most optimal solution, but we appreciate your patience while we work on resolving this.​

Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

Kevin Poynter

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I received the following from IHeartRadio technical support:

I apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing with iHeartRadio. There is currently a known issue with iHeartRadio disappearing or failing to install when connected to a Samsung Gear device. We are working to resolve this issue.

However, you can still enjoy iHeartRadio with your Samsung Gear not connected to your mobile device! I know that this is not the most optimal solution, but we appreciate your patience while we work on resolving this.​

Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

Yo man you can keep I heart radio and your gear connected by turning the "install from unknown sources" option off on the watch through the gear manager app on your phone. Go to settings/security. I haven't tried to turn on unknown sources again. Maybe the work around is to turn it off whenever you run iheartradio. Close down ihr and then turn unknown sources option when you need it. The ihr app for gear comes from unknown sources because when you install ihr on your phone since unknown is turned off you will get a prompt for gear to install just cancel and be on your way.

Last edited:

celler

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
This appears to be a good solution for me. Thank you!! I did need to go through this twice before it took. Be sure and select "cancel" instead of "OK" when you get the message that IHeartRadio will not be installed on the Gear S.

Th other program that was uninstalled by the Gear software was TripIt. The solution to that appears to be to install TripIt from the Galaxy Apps store (preloaded on the phone) rather than the Play Store. The Galaxy Apps version appears to play well with the Gear S manaager.

iHeartRadio

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to let everyone know we released a new version of iHeartRadio on Thursday (version 5.5) that fixes this problem. Please download it if you haven't already. If you continue to have problems let us know. Happy listening!

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Just wanted to let everyone know we released a new version of iHeartRadio on Thursday (version 5.5) that fixes this problem. Please download it if you haven't already. If you continue to have problems let us know. Happy listening!

Sweet. Downloading now.

Edit: it failed to install on my Gear S.

Posted via the Android Central App

eugeneb4

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Still doesn't work. You have to have the Gear app installed and it won't allow ihr to load. It say "Fail to load the app". Maybe if explain in detail how you got it to load then we would know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz