ATT No Service on My New LIne

Jim Buono

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I picked up my new Gear S at the ATT store, added a new line to my Share account. Got the Gear S home and set it up. Couldn't make outbound calls and inbound calls got a message about voice mail. I was able to forward calls from my GS5.

Called ATT customer service on Wednesday, explained the problem. The agent verified the problem exists and re-provisioned the line. Still didn't work. She said she would need to escalate the issue and there would be a resolution by Friday night. I then went to the ATT store to exchange the Gear S to make sure it was a network problem and not a problem with the sim or the radio.

Same problem with the new Gear S. Although I tried forwarding calls from my GS5 when out of bluetooth range of the Gear S and I received them no problem.

Today I got a message from Tech Sup saying they had verified it was a network problem and they hoped to have it resolved by 11/24.

Frankly, I was a little put out. I've never heard of it taking a week to resolve an issue with a new line. Since its ATT I have 14 days to return the Gear S. I certainly won't exceed this time frame without a resolution.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
When you are within BT range and connected to your phone, the cell radio on the watch is disabled. You can't make or receive calls on the watch's own number. You make or receive calls via your phone instead. All incoming calls to the watch number goes straight to voice mail. This is by design.

There are ways to enable the cell radio in this situation but you may end up use more battery.

Jim Buono

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Except that's not the case.
This is happening outside BT range. Miles away, for example. If my handset is at home, calls to the handset are forwarded to the Gear S but no calls to the Gear S number go through and no calls from the Gear S can be initiated.
Also, if the Gear S number is called it should go to the watch not the handset. And, I should be able to call out from the Gear S even if in BT range of the handset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance