Has anyone got a pay as you go Gear S?

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone got a pay as you go gear s

I brought a gear s as pay as you go nobody knows how to top this up some say it's just data you put on some say no just top up like a mobile phone.please help

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Has anyone got a pay as you go gear s

Just tread it as another smartphone. It needs both voice and data in order to use the full features of the watch.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

If you plan on using it as a stanalone phone, then you would need a plan for talk, text and data.

But if you only want to use it as an extension of your phone, then you don't have to have any kind of plan at all.

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Thank you that's what I was thinking myself but I don't want to use data can this be turned off like a mobile phone

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site

Thank you that's what I was thinking myself but I don't want to use data can this be turned off like a mobile phone

Yes, you can turn data off. I use mine as my ONLY phone on an AT&T Unlimited Talk/Unlimited Text/300MB Data plan that is $30/mo., but I keep data turned off unless I need to use it or want to download a picture someone has sent me.

Curious who you bought a Pay-As-You-Go Gear S from? Do tell.

AT&T and T-Mobile wouldn't sell it to me that way, but that doesn't mean it won't work that way. Functionality will likely be limited and you can't add contacts to the Gear S on the Gear S itself. I worked around it by putting my contacts on the SIM card while in my old phone, then put the SIM card in my Gear S and did the standalone restart procedure. It picked up all my contacts from the SIM card.

Not sure how to do updates yet. I haven't even tried. Hoping to try a T-Mobile Pay-As-You-Go SIM card soon, but have to get that family members Micro SIM card replaced with a Nano SIM card first.

Others have told me that it is probably best to have access to a Android V4.3 or higher phone to put things on the Gear S, get updates and make it more fully functional. Right now all I really do is talk and text, with an ocassional picture download.

I will be watching to see how your Pay-As-You-Go Gear S works out for you. Cheers!

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

I brought it from 02 shop in Northern Ireland the shop wasn't meant to sell it to me as pay as you go was sold by mistake lucky for me......love it got £10 mobile top up everything great

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Active55, have you tried to just get the T-Mobile wearables plan for $15/month? It's $5 for existing customers, but 15 as a stand alone plan, and it gives you unlimited talk and text and 500mb data. I can't find the plan under their plans, but if you add a Gear S to your cart, you will see they add a Sim with that plan. I'd call and ask for it.

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site

Active55, have you tried to just get the T-Mobile wearables plan for $15/month? It's $5 for existing customers, but 15 as a stand alone plan, and it gives you unlimited talk and text and 500mb data. I can't find the plan under their plans, but if you add a Gear S to your cart, you will see they add a Sim with that plan. I'd call and ask for it.

What TMO told me (on the first day they came out) is that the $5/mo. Gear S plan was ONLY for existing TMO customers with a $50/mo. plan and the $15/mo. plan was ONLY for customers that want to add the Gear S and snyc with their other Android V4.3+ existing account eslewhere.

TMO would NOT sell me the Gear S outright and let me just put my current TMO PAYG SIM into it.

It appears this will work with an unlocked Gear S, so I will most likely have my cheaper AT&T Gear S unlocked down the road and put a TMO PAYG SIM into it, as I am a very light T&T user.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

and the $15/mo. plan was ONLY for customers that want to add the Gear S and snyc with their other Android V4.3+ existing account eslewhere.

It appears this will work with an unlocked Gear S, so I will most likely have my cheaper AT&T Gear S unlocked down the road and put a TMO PAYG SIM into it, as I am a very light T&T user.

That's how I am using mine: unlocked ATT Gear S with Tmo wearables plan. It would be $15 if I didn't have a Simple Choice plan with them.
Not sure if I could completely get rid of my phone quite yet, though.

anastasia020868

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi.. sorry to be a pain. Are you using an o2 sim in the gear s? I have an unlocked one with a talktalk sim and i'm having a nightmare sending texts.. its difficult to find anyone on here using a gear s in the UK.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Hi.. sorry to be a pain. Are you using an o2 sim in the gear s? I have an unlocked one with a talktalk sim and i'm having a nightmare sending texts.. its difficult to find anyone on here using a gear s in the UK.

I'm using a GiffGaff (o2) pay as you go sim in mine here in the UK. Works great and my Galaxy S5 is on EE

Posted via the Android Central App

mikeyking

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my new Galaxy S through the Samsung site - amazingly they had them in the UK for £269 with free P&P until last night (must have been some Christmas deal!)

So, I'm assuming I'm looking for a Nano SIM? EE have one for free, so I've just ordered the Nano SIM PAYG from them. Will let you know how I get on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech