Gear S on sale for 250 at Verizon!

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up the last one at my local store! Coming from gear 2 neo.. This thing is amazing!

Bummer. I was hoping that the 250 would be for the no contract version. They originally tried to sell me the watch at 349.99 for a 2 year and I told them it was nuts since the ETF was 150 or 175. Since I had all prior versions of the GG, I knew this was not going to last me the 2 years.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Bummer. I was hoping that the 250 would be for the no contract version. They originally tried to sell me the watch at 349.99 for a 2 year and I told them it was nuts since the ETF was 150 or 175. Since I had all prior versions of the GG, I knew this was not going to last me the 2 years.

Here's how I look at it. I was saving $100 up front. The ETF is $175. So if I have to break the contract, I'm only paying $75 overall at some point in the future. I could actually take the $100 I saved up front and start earning interest on it or putting it towards something I needed to pay right now. Who knows, I might not even want the next version of the watch.

For instance, I'm still rockin' the Note 3. The Note 4 is in no way a big enough upgrade for me to even bother with.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Here's how I look at it. I was saving $100 up front. The ETF is $175. So if I have to break the contract, I'm only paying $75 overall at some point in the future. I could actually take the $100 I saved up front and start earning interest on it or putting it towards something I needed to pay right now. Who knows, I might not even want the next version of the watch.

For instance, I'm still rockin' the Note 3. The Note 4 is in no way a big enough upgrade for me to even bother with.

I had read somewhere that Verizon decided to change their contract. Therefore, the ETF does not start to drop until after the 9th or 10th month of the contract. So, the amount that decreases does not go down uniformly over time.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I had read somewhere that Verizon decided to change their contract. Therefore, the ETF does not start to drop until after the 9th or 10th month of the contract. So, the amount that decreases does not go down uniformly over time.

Even if they did, you're paying $100 less because you're signing a contract and the ETF is only $175 so you would still only pay $75 at the most more than you saved by going the contract option.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
In about a year or so I'll probably want the next version, or something different. I'm hoping it lasts me a good year. If I decide I no longer wear it much the second year, at $5/mo it's only costing me $60 that final year. Probably cheaper than cancelling my contract. It's almost much cheaper it seems that paying the & 399 price without being under contract. Even if I went with a contract or not, I'd still be paying $5/mo for the time that I'm using it.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
In about a year or so I'll probably want the next version, or something different. I'm hoping it lasts me a good year. If I decide I no longer wear it much the second year, at $5/mo it's only costing me $60 that final year. Probably cheaper than cancelling my contract. It's almost much cheaper it seems that paying the & 399 price without being under contract. Even if I went with a contract or not, I'd still be paying $5/mo for the time that I'm using it.

You're right. For some reason, I never thought of that. Even for a whole two years, you're only paying $120 to keep it. So saving $100 up front is still the best way to go.

I know the other carriers are charging more than Verizon per month though but you still can't go wrong with taking the two year contract.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Er...no. Note 4 is a big improvement over the three. I too dismissed it initially but after having the 4 for a month I would never go back to the 3.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Er...no. Note 4 is a big improvement over the three. I too dismissed it initially but after having the 4 for a month I would never go back to the 3.

I am not buying it for it to be made obsolete by Samsung by Feburary. Way too many phones. The watches are heading down the same path. I am not going to be stuck in a contract with an obsolete phone ever again and I am not going to be paying into the edge program at Verizon forever for a phone that can't do anything my Note 3 can't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781