My Gear S charging cradle doesn't fit anymore, had to send all to Samsung Support to resolve

gec721

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine replaced today by Verizon. Before I just lined them up and pressed, likely the reason the tab was weakened. I'll do it this way in the future.

anystar

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
after 2 broken charging cradle I use this holder for charging

the "stl" file for 3d printer in the notes

anystar

11082996_937281392969859_44474616_n.jpg11119028_937281402969858_1348225531_n.jpg11134284_937281399636525_1630762121_n.jpg

has made a company in my city
cost 48 euros

Attachments

• SGearSHalter_stl.zip
    303.5 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

bmw320d

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
That's a cool neat trick. But not all of us have access to 3d printers.
I still use a vitamin supplement bottle that fits perfectly between the closed strap and the charger

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe someone should consider selling those to people and offering possibly custom colors for it. That could be a gold mine waiting to be found

Tommyagd

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I've had my Gear S for about 3 months now and noticed the top clip had cracked a few weeks ago. I'm very meticulous in handling stuff generally so knew straight away this was a manufacturing defect. So, went to a samsung centre and they got me to speak with one of their repair centres. What a waste of time that was... I was shocked that they were not even interested in me sending it back for them to have a look. Needless to say this has put me off Samsung products big time and I do own a few.
I took it back to O2 who originally supplied the product and to my amazement they replaced it for free!
Unfortunately though this has happened again! I've now resorted to clamping the charger to my phone with a cable tie in order to charge it!
This is basically a flawed manufacturing design that Samsung will have to own up to at some point.

Last edited:

genepo

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
a suggestion: Samsung should remake the cradle; thinner and with a li 27 in it so we'd have 2 batteries. They could be swapped out with one on charger. Maybe 5 mm could be done? The HR sensor would need work but this could be done. How about it?
Gene

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Add me to the list. Mine is busted on the back so I need to use 2 Xbox 360 batteries to hold it in place so I can charge the S. It just broke off last night. I didn't realize it was borken til I couldn't get the S to clip on the charger. I filed a repair request with Samsung but I get the feeling, they're gonna blame me for this. I am disappointed at this. This is not a good design and I fear other people will have the same issue as me as time goes on.

20150506_085342.jpg20150506_085355.jpg

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the list. Mine is busted on the back so I need to use 2 Xbox 360 batteries to hold it in place so I can charge the S. It just broke off last night. I didn't realize it was borken til I couldn't get the S to clip on the charger. I filed a repair request with Samsung but I get the feeling, they're gonna blame me for this. I am disappointed at this. This is not a good design and I fear other people will have the same issue as me as time goes on.

View attachment 175453View attachment 175454
Yours broke BAD! They may give you a hard time. Samsung tried to make me send them my gear s and everything back. Had to fight them on that. Finally got them to accept the charger. Guess we will see when there package arrives tomorrow.

donnajo62

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
My charger finally broke. I have a Squaretrade warranty on it but since it is still under the manufacturers warranty, I have to go through Samsung first. I opened a case, got my shipping label and boxed the whole thing up and sent it to them. I figured they would say "physical damage not covered" and send it back. Then I could use my ST warranty. Well, got notified today that Samsung is replacing the charging cradle. We'll see if that is the case when it gets back to me in a couple of days.

Joseph Johnson

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a Samsung Gear S on 12/05/2014 and its only been 6 months of use and one of the clip on the charging Cradle broke on regular use. It was NOT DROPPED OR NO PHYSICAL DAMAGE was done to it. It broke on regular use. I googled about it and found this to be common issue. I want Samsung to replace the cradle. I have spoken to their so called tech support and they are referring it to physical damage due to abuse which is not covered by the warranty. I believe that it is manufacturing defect or a very poorly designed cradle. Either way, I expect Samsung to stand by their product and replace the cradle. I am in communication with them and waiting to see what they are going to do about it. Gear S is a nice product but its sad that they had to design the cradle so poor. I hope they start replacing the charger for all the gear S owners if they want their loyalty. This would be my last Samsung product if they do not take care of this. I am open to filing a lawsuit against them.. Anyone here ready to support me?

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Definition of a class action suit; lawyers get millions while those affected get a free earpiece headset or $10. Verizon went so far after their last loss to offer those with unlimited texting an extra 100 texts for 1 month.
Let your wallet do the talking, like you said, buying another product that works better and until then check out the other threads in this sub forum to see what others are doing when theirs breaks.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

donnajo62

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Got my watch back today and Samsung did indeed replace the charging cradle. No hassle from me to get them to do it. Just called, told them the cradle clip broke. They emailed me a return label (2 day UPS), free of charge. They had it back in the mail to me 1 day after they had received it--also 2 day UPS. So I am very happy with the way the issue was handled by Samsung.

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Please welcome me to the broken cradle club. Is there a fee for the membership? I guess ill contact samsung. I've had my watch since February

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
And of course they want me to send both back and I don't want to part with my watch. I guess ill have to look into getting that 3d model printed out for it

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
After watching this thread for months and taking extra care every time I attached my Gear S to my cradle, I noticed that the last time I used the cradle the battery was not charging. There was a little play. Upon close inspection, I discovered the dreaded crack in the top latch :(

I have an Ebay cheapo that is much much better built, and I want to try for a replacement but don't see the point of sending my watch in along with the broken cradle and not having it for days.

Has anyone gotten a replacement without having to send the watch in? I bought mine from ATT in November, so guess I have to work with Samsung on this.

image.jpg

Mine finally broke. After raising a little hell, I am just required to send the broken charging dock to be replaced.
How did you raise hell? Phone/email/Fb?

Got my watch back today and Samsung did indeed replace the charging cradle. No hassle from me to get them to do it. Just called, told them the cradle clip broke. They emailed me a return label (2 day UPS), free of charge. They had it back in the mail to me 1 day after they had received it--also 2 day UPS. So I am very happy with the way the issue was handled by Samsung.

Was it Samsung US, and how did you contact them? Phone/email/FB?
Thanks!

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Hell, I have no problem buying one of the generics. I have at least 3 portable batteries, one of which is a flashlight, and one of which is credit card size which by itself could probably recharge the whole watch at work, so if the generic chargers dont have a battery built in, that's fine. Now, what is the best way to pop the cradle onto the watch, procedurally? Please note I'll be doing this without taking the watch out of the band.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki