Why are my text messages failing to send (Gear S)?

anastasia020868

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Having a problem with gear s text messages

Hi
I wonder if anyone out there can help me sort a problem with my gear s. When using it as a stand alone I can make and receive calls ok and i can receive texts ok but everytime i go to send a text or reply to one it fails to send. I also have problems with internet connection, it fails to connect. its ok via wifi or connected to my phone but not as a stand alone device. In 4 days ive managed to send 3 texts and go online once.
my gear s is unlocked and i'm in the UK, using talk talk network. I thought that maybe the networks message centre number needed to be added to the watch settings but there is no way of doing this. Because i have manged to send 3 texts and i can use the watch to make calls it would suggest that my sim is ok, also checked with talktalk and they say sim activated etc. Also the watch shows the bars for signal strengh but never shows the 3g thing at the top.

Any ideas people, I'm getting seriously frustrated with this ..

Thanks

Arbietd21

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Having a problem with gear s text messages

I am having the same problem with my text. Cannot send but I can recieve. I'm with att in the us

anastasia020868

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Having a problem with gear s text messages

Hi
Did you manage to solve the problem? I'm having a nightmare. Tried a sim with a different provider and it works fine... So it has to be the talktalk sim, problem is I'm tied into a contract for 12 months with them so now I have 3 soddin sims, phone, watch and a redundant talktalk one...