Can I transfer my Google music to a Gear S?

rockrchic923

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
question before I buy

So i love the gear S but before I run out and buy one, I am wanting to know is there a way to bring my Google music to it? Basically I have all of my iTunes library ported to Google Music (I also have the streaming radio through google that is a life saver when a long run is in order) and would like to listen to that when I am at the gym without lugging my phone with me while working out. Can I stream through the galaxy s via blue tooth and my phone?

If that isn't possible are there other options on the galaxy S for streaming music?

Thanks so much!

Ashleigh :D

ougum1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: question before I buy

I don't think you'll be able to actually get your Google music to the watch. Maybe someone else will know that, but you can use Milk to stream music.

Active55

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site

I believe you can load music onto the Gear S prior to playing it (like some of the Sony Wearables) without your other cell phone present. Unfortunately i only use my Gear S to T&T and haven't explored all the other things it can do.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

You can, and I do it all the time, so I can leave my phone behind when I go running.

Here's how:

Locate your MP3s on your cell, ... If they are not already in root or SD card > music, you need to copy them there. Then, using Gear Manager on your phone, you can send the tracks of your choice over to the watch. Gear Manager will not look outside of the music folder, so copying them there is imperative.

You can listen over Bluetooth, and the controls on my LG Tone Plus headset even work to pause/play, ff, rw and for volume control.

gjlamb#CB

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

So i love the gear S but before I run out and buy one, I am wanting to know is there a way to bring my Google music to it? Basically I have all of my iTunes library ported to Google Music (I also have the streaming radio through google that is a life saver when a long run is in order) and would like to listen to that when I am at the gym without lugging my phone with me while working out. Can I stream through the galaxy s via blue tooth and my phone?

If that isn't possible are there other options on the galaxy S for streaming music?

Thanks so much!

Ashleigh :D

I'm assuming the OP is meaning transferring from downloaded Google Play Music. I also use GPM to manage music from my iTunes library to my Android. From the looks of it no you cannot. The music on your phone needs to be in traditional location and seen by the default music player app. The gear app only looks in standard music locations. If I work out how to add folders to Music app I'll get back but I don't think it's possible. Will have to manually transfer music you want on the gear to Music folder on phone then it will be visible in the Gear app to transfer. Not exactly ideal but if Google changed Play Music to put music in standard location and not the way it does now things might be better.

gjlamb#CB

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site

You can use another app like Music Mate or other GPM music import utility to transfer music from GPM location to other locations that are available to other music apps. Apparently the tags etc are kept and should be available to GPM and other apps. Initial test so far works. Music is still in GPM and available to other apps including Gear plug in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2