Why are my Gear S and Note 4 unable to connect?

Viprex32

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Connection issues (Gear S/Note 4)

Hello,

My first post here and I hope to get some good answers. I have a Galayxy Note 4 and a Gear S Watch. The first week I used Bluetooth to connect them together, and all was fine.
Now, I got a new nano simcard from my phone Company and the Connection still works as it should, but not the way it was with Bluetooth.

The thing is this, when I use Bluetooth, I could sync the phone and Watch in a better way, for example, if I got a email or a text message, they both came up on my Watch and phone at the same time the way it should, and if I read the email/text message on my Watch, it became read at my phone as well, and if I read the email/text massage on my phone, it Went read on my Watch at the same time to.

That was something I liked!

Now, with the simcard it doesn't work that way, if I get a email/text message and read it on my phone, it's still unread on my watch and if I read it on my watch, it's still unread on my phone.
I know there was some kind of setting for this when I was using bluetooth, but now, that setting seems to be gone when using a simcard.

Anyone know if I still can get/have this to work? How does it work for all of you?
Regards

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Connection issues (Gear S/Note 4)

I went from the Note 3 to the note 4. On the 4 Bluetooth range is at most 20 feet. It drops or refuses to pair with my car speaker at any distance . Have 2 smartwatches and pairing is fine but the 20 feet is awfull. My Note 3 paired with the car speaker when I was in the backyard ; car in the front. I can't even get the Note 4 to pair in the garage all the time. Same for the watches. Bluetooth on the note 4 is pretty close to useless for me.
Your Sim card should have no effect on Bluetooth.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Connection issues (Gear S/Note 4)

I went from the Note 3 to the note 4. On the 4 Bluetooth range is at most 20 feet. It drops or refuses to pair with my car speaker at any distance . Have 2 smartwatches and pairing is fine but the 20 feet is awfull. My Note 3 paired with the car speaker when I was in the backyard ; car in the front. I can't even get the Note 4 to pair in the garage all the time. Same for the watches. Bluetooth on the note 4 is pretty close to useless for me.
Your Sim card should have no effect on Bluetooth.

Man, I can step at least 150 feet away from my Note 4 before I get a disconnect on either my Gear S or G Watch. Really surprised me the first time I realized how far away I was from my Note.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463