My favorite apps are:
Samsung Wallet
Gearam Music ID
My Notes in Gear
Anti-Sleep Alarm
Roadify
Milk
Calculator

I've seen Samsung Wallet noted a couple places. I've never been able to identify what it adds to the watch.

Posted via the Android Central App

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I've seen Samsung Wallet noted a couple places. I've never been able to identify what it adds to the watch.

Bar codes for many things instead of carrying cards, tickets, etc. Flash your watch or phone across the scanner instead of the original. I've seen some add payment methods as well but I stick to membership cards only.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site

So where I live grocery stores offer a fairly significant discount for the food and extends to gas they sell. I simply have them scan the watch when I check out, last trip saved $5.00 a pound on steak and 70 cents a gallon on gas. That alone makes it worth it to me.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

When loyalty apps first came out for the phone & replaced all of the cards hanging from my keychain I was estatic. Well, the Samsung wallet does the same but now it's on my watch. I love it. I also scan in all my coupons and concert tickets. I don't have to take my phone out anymore or have my phone with me at all. Even with the problems I love all this watch can do.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone able to see Swing by Swing companion app in the gear store? I can't find it. The dev states that it supports Tizen and Gear.. I am using an S6e with a Gear S. Thanks.

cyberbytes407

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Great apps. Just a quick question, do any of you know how to hide apps on the watch (ones that are preinstalled, not in the manage apps, as they are not there to uninstall anyway)? I don't use a few of the preloaded apps and I cannot locate where it can possible be hidden without just moving them to the bottom of the screen.

Misthos_NJ

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Swing by Swing companion is not available for the S. They support a lot of devices, including the earlier Gears, but not the S. Last time I talked to them they did not indicate whether they would support. I kept my Neo just to use when I golf. Let their support know you want to see the S supported.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Any news or ideas for a replacement? I really like my Samsung Wallet app, use it frequently on my watch.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

I wish I knew of one. This is my fav app on the Gear S. I would rather keep the wallet without any updates rather than see it go away. Samsung barely have any apps for this watch & they get rid of one I rely on heavily. That's pitiful. As soon as a stand alone android watch is released I will probably just ship. I'm getting more & more disappointed with Samsung products.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
e103a08e1963d58399fbc0d5f7c2b8aa.jpg

$2.99 U.S.
Works great when remotely connected but sucks trying to tether to the phones Bluetooth. Before starting the app close all recent apps and it's very quick and works great. It isn't very good when tethered to your phone but is awesome when used like its name implies, standalone

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Osumailguy

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I guess it helps to have the calendar with all the data be selected to display on the S5 if I want it to display on the Gear! What a great first post in the forums!