Sales pitch for Samsung Gear S

alan44

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
sorry for cross-posting / repeating myself again but I've got a great idea for a Samsung advert

over a soundtrack of New Order's Crystal (we're like crystal we break easy)
see youtu.be/6CHdI2yDF4c

they show a montage/collage of glum looking people using a variety of phones from different providers (a range of inexpensive and more high end phones) with smashed screens, falling to bits or held together with sellotape or Elastoplast plus video segments of various people jumping out of their cars or sitting on the toilet (including maybe a hip surfer wearing board shorts) trying to catch their phone as it falls to the ground and breaks or disappears under the U-bend

cut to a guy in a mall with a sign saying "Screen Repairs $150" - cut back to some sleek images of the latest super slim iPhone then images of various $100 tough cases implication - you will need one of these to protect your investment but that kind of defeats the object

fast forward to the denouement - person or persons wearing Gear S showing some everyday rough and tumble hard knocks then responding to calls on the Gear S which is still looking pristine
Maybe the surfer maybe an Ice Hockey player maybe a business man/woman searching the pockets in their suit for the phone and smiling when they remember the Gear S is on the wrist and the "phone" is safe in their handbag, briefcase, suit pocket, VW Kombi glove compartment or wherever

Tagline "Samsung Gear S - Unbreakable - and you can make calls from it"

No direct criticism of the opponents unlike the feeble Microsoft vs Apple bun-fight adverts from a couple of years ago

Genius

Last edited:

esseff

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
sorry for cross

Tagline "Samsung Gear S - Unbreakable - and you can make calls from it"

No direct criticism of the opponents unlike the feeble Microsoft vs Apple bun-fight adverts from a couple of years ago

Genius

"Unbreakable"????

BTW in my other life I'm an astrophysicist but i wouldn't dream of inflicting my theories on others ;)

alan44

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
All terms are relative - my Gear S does seem pretty "unbreakable" compared to almost every other device I've personally had, plus many other end users have attested to its strap-on durability

...yeah ok I am still a little concerned (based on other reports) that the tabs on the charging cradle are going to snap off anytime soon and i'm going to need a jam jar and a few rubber bands to charge it...

...plus I had been watching a re-run of the first series of MadMen!

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe the tabs on my charging cradle broke off a few hours I read this....It's been perfect since November!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood