Should I get my Samsung Gear S with a contract Vs. Unlocked?

ali5yusef

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Gear S: With contract Vs. Unlocked

Hello, i was thinking of buying a gear S, but i see the unlocked one very expensive on amazon, so what if i buy the one with careir, anyways i´m not going to use it with sim card, i just want to connect it with bluetooth, how will it work if i buy it with contract and use it with bluetooth only? is the moto 360 better?

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Gear S: With contract Vs. Unlocked

I picked my GS up through Sprint straight up with no phone activation. It works perfectly attached to my Note 4. At first I thought it was just going to be a toy, but I've grown attached to it.

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

how will it work if i buy it with contract and use it with bluetooth only? is the moto 360 better?

If you buy it on contract, you have to activate it with a plan and pay the monthly service charge for the duration of contract. Otherwise, you will be slammed with a fee that makes it cost more than you just bought outright.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I paid for mine outright at the T-Mobile store and had them activate the plan on my family plan which costs only $5 per month. I also tried the sim card from another phone that has the T-Mobile $30, 100 minute, 5GB plan and it too worked in my watch. Unlocked of course will work with any carriers sim card.

dnkeyhnter

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Just go get it from at&t off contract like I did, it's the cheapest one and it does the same thing the gear s does from any other carrier when using bluetooth. I thought about trading my gear 2 for a moto 360 but the more research I did, I see the gear 2 and gear s have more to offer.. Except better watch faces. So I kept the gear 2 and I also rock the gear s.

The big drawback of the gear series, you get the most functionality from them if you have them paired to a samsung phone.

The Moto 360 runs on androidwear so you can use any android phone and get all the benefits of the 360.

IMHO If you have an up to date samsung phone, there is no better choice than something from the gear series.