Text Messages Not Forwarded?

toddkageals

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I have had my gear for a couple of weeks and just discovered another issue. I left my phone at work but was not concerned as I THOUGHT all my calls and messages would be forwarded to my Gear S anyway. However, my text messages and emails were not forwarded. I'm not even sure my phone calls were forwarded as I had a voicemail on the phone and the watch never showed anything. I have "call forwarding" set to "on" on my watch. Am I missing something? Will texts to the phone not be forwarded to the watch unless it's connected via BT? Seems like a no brainer to have text messages forwarded to the watch when not on BT as this is when you need the watch at act "stand alone" but it does not appear that this is what happened.

Thanks,

Todd

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
The watch needs to be connected remotely if not by Bluetooth to get messages forwarded. The phone needs to be signed into your Samsung account, phone needs to be on and have some sort of data connection to it, be it Wi-Fi or cellular. The watch needs to have it's data and/or Wi-Fi radio on as well.
The forwarding is done through Samsung's servers and once you've signed into your account once, like to get the manager app from their store, it should keep you signed in unless you log yourself out.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The watch needs to be connected remotely if not by Bluetooth to get messages forwarded. The phone needs to be signed into your Samsung account, phone needs to be on and have some sort of data connection to it, be it Wi-Fi or cellular. The watch needs to have it's data and/or Wi-Fi radio on as well.
The forwarding is done through Samsung's servers and once you've signed into your account once, like to get the manager app from their store, it should keep you signed in unless you log yourself out.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops !!!
<
Beast Mode 4
May I also that you CAN NOT get forwarded emails, texts, calls, or any notifications even if you are in remote connection when you are in a dead zone such as a basement or area with no cellular signal (what mountainbikermark said)? I didn't know this until recently when I expected my call forwarding to work 100% of the time at my gym. My gym has many levels, and I don't get any signals in the lower levels, so that's why my call forwarding and text messages did not work.

toddkageals

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
The cell signal in the office where I left my phone is very weak so the phone may not have had a strong enough cell signal to be connected. However, the office does have strong WiFi to which the phone was connected (watch was on cellular). Shouldn't that have worked?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463