When I try to launch the Samsung Gear Manager, why do I get the error message Download URL not available. Can't launch plugin?

Len Aitken

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Gear Manager "Download URL not avialable. Can't launch plugin"

Hi, i was very excited to get my Gear S a couple of days ago but have been struggling to get it fully operational. It works as a stand alone and it does pair with my phone but when i try to launch Samsung Gear Manager i keep getting an error. Message is "Unable to connect to the Gear. Connection to the Gear is not supported by your mobile device, or your software needs to be updated." it also says in a box below that "Download URL not available, can't launch plugin". I am frustrated beyond belief at this point.

My phone is a Galaxy Express 2 (MG3815) and i have checked that it has all the correct requirements (Android 4.4.2, memory and screen). The version of Gear Manager i have loaded (which i have reloaded several times after uninstalling and unpairing the Gear S) is 2.2.14110499.

The only think i have yet to do is a factory reset of the phone and then start all over - i am reluctant to do this as i have never performed this procedure before and don't know how it will impact my phone.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Len Aitken

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Gear Manager "Download URL not avialable. Can't launch plugin"

I just checked the version of Gearn Manager and see that there is a recent update to version 2.2.15011799 however that is not available when i go to Galaxy Apps

Len Aitken

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I tried that about a dozen times and got the exact same results. A Samsung support person suggested that it may be my phone but as i explained to them the phone has the required version of Android so i am still at a loss. Samsung is supposed to connect with me today to see if they can figure it out.

Thx

Len Aitken

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
In case anyone is interested to know.... Samsung got back to me and said that my phone was not compatible with Gear S. Before i purchased the Gear S i checked the Samsung website for compatibility and there were 3 requirements, version of Android, memory and must be WVGA or higher - my phone met the requirements however Samsung said i was looking at the wrong page and there was a page the list the compatible phones - my mistake!!! Anyway, they said they could not do anything so now i am going to go out and get a new phone..... I have read many posts concerning linking the Gear S with any Android phone through workarounds however each seems to suggest that you never get 100% functionality of the watch, for this reason i am going to skip the work arounds and just purchase a compatible phone.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
In case anyone is interested to know.... Samsung got back to me and said that my phone was not compatible with Gear S. Before i purchased the Gear S i checked the Samsung website for compatibility and there were 3 requirements, version of Android, memory and must be WVGA or higher - my phone met the requirements however Samsung said i was looking at the wrong page and there was a page the list the compatible phones - my mistake!!! Anyway, they said they could not do anything so now i am going to go out and get a new phone..... I have read many posts concerning linking the Gear S with any Android phone through workarounds however each seems to suggest that you never get 100% functionality of the watch, for this reason i am going to skip the work arounds and just purchase a compatible phone.
Nice! Let us know what phone you get and how you like the watch once everything works together.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2