Why doesn't my Gear S auto lock work?

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Gear s auto lock does not work

Hi,

Need help with Gear S auto lock, I have a Note Edge.

First, I have the phone set to unlock with finger print and the Auto Lock
tells me I have to change to pattern swipe. So I set up pattern swipe and back up pin
but when I get out of range of the phone then come back it is still unlocked.

So I left the watch and walked away with the phone and same thing, it
won't lock.

Also it somehow over rides my lock settings so that when I push the power button
instead of finger print locking it just swipe locks with no security.

When I turn off the auto lock it goes back to it's normal settings that finger print lock it
when I push the power button.

Any ideas on this ?

Thanks,

Jules

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Gear s auto lock does not work

I figured it out. the screen has to time out for it to lock, but that's odd because if I forget to turn off the screen and someone gets a hold of my phone before the screen times out they can do whatever they want. not a very good system.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I figured it out. the screen has to time out for it to lock, but that's odd because if I forget to turn off the screen and someone gets a hold of my phone before the screen times out they can do whatever they want. not a very good system.

Thanks for the update. Did not realize it was not locking when I walked away from my desk. Thought it automatically locked my phone once I was out of range with my Gear S.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Without the support of finger print lock or PIN lock, this feature is utterly useless, IMO. Pattern lock is extremely easy to defeat by look at the finger print trails you left on your phone screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01