pedometer syncing...

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I am posting this here assuming the issue I am having is similar to the Gear S and because there is a lot more activity here than the Gear Fit forum.

I have the Gear Fit and is there any way to get my Fit and my Note 4 to work together to show me a total number of steps at the end of the day rather than the number counted by my phone and the number counted by my Fit? Reason being...during the day I don't use my Fit...my phone counts my steps. In the evening...I walk my dog and wear my Fit but leave my phone home. I would love S Health to show me the total steps I have taken for the day by working that number out between the two devices (not adding them) and taking into account when both are counting/used at the same time. I don't think it would be that difficult...both have clocks and can cross reference steps based on the time of day.

Does the Gear S do this?

Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App using the Note 4

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
That's not the function of watch but rather S Health app on your phone. You can manually switch back and forth on your phone's S Health app to take pedometer from phone or from watch, or rather enable/disable phone's pedometer function and see what happens.

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Agreed...I believe it is a feature that should be a part of the S Health App. Switching back and forth is not the problem...that only gives me the number each device has counted. I was wondering if it is possible to merge the number of steps (taking into account overlapping steps when both devices are used at the same time) to give me a total number of steps taken on that particular day. Even when I am wearing my Fit and carrying my Note 4...I sometimes put the phone down and walk around my office...several times a day...these steps continue to count on my Fit but not on my Note 4. Can't they both be synced to give me a grand total...or show me an ongoing total number of steps I'm taking?

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I never got it to work like that with my Fit but when I use my Fit part of the day and S part of the day it does sync both and separate them with a total of both. Perhaps s health will add that feature an in update .

sirCLD

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
But what about all of my other watches in my collection? Don't they deserve a chance to get worn once in a while? :)