3D printed stands for the Gear S

Ott3rMan

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Where did you get one and can you get me one LOL Every time I go to BB I throw my watch on one of those stands. I really want one!!!! LOL
Honest to god story:

Last day before easter my cradle broke. I took it to be sent out for repair at the shop I got it. On my way home I stopped at a competing store so see if they had a new cradle for me. Shows they did not. But as I explained the problem a guy appear and introduced himself as the Samsung sales rep. I told him my story about going away on vacation, and not being able to use my watch. He tells me to wait, and goes to his car. Comes back 5 min later with a display bracket. He then disassemble the one originally in the shop, and gives me this. He then puts the old type he got from his car in the shop display. I was in a loss of words, cuz just the night before I told my wife how much I wanted such an item. After a while I asked how much they wanted for it. And here it comes: NOTHING. The sales rep only asked me to stick with Samsung in the future. And I will. Buildt a little stand for it, and now it resides on my bed side table.

That is how I got mine....

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Honest to god story:

Last day before easter my cradle broke. I took it to be sent out for repair at the shop I got it. On my way home I stopped at a competing store so see if they had a new cradle for me. Shows they did not. But as I explained the problem a guy appear and introduced himself as the Samsung sales rep. I told him my story about going away on vacation, and not being able to use my watch. He tells me to wait, and goes to his car. Comes back 5 min later with a display bracket. He then disassemble the one originally in the shop, and gives me this. He then puts the old type he got from his car in the shop display. I was in a loss of words, cuz just the night before I told my wife how much I wanted such an item. After a while I asked how much they wanted for it. And here it comes: NOTHING. The sales rep only asked me to stick with Samsung in the future. And I will. Buildt a little stand for it, and now it resides on my bed side table.

That is how I got mine....
Awesome story!

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Has anybody thought about trying to do a 3D printed stand for the Gear S (or any of the Gears)

Do you think he might be interested in sellin these? I'd love one in black!

anystar

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Has anybody thought about trying to do a 3D printed stand for the Gear S (or any of the Gears)

I am planning a new holder . you can adjust it .

anystar

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

I have for the first holder in Shapeways looked for a price. The price was too high . 50 % more than in my town .

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

I had a friend of mine print one for me. (should be getting it in the mail today.) I also modded a charging back I got off of Amazon. So the cable comes out the left side instead of the right (So it's nice and clean) I will post a couple of pictures today.

TB-1599

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok I took a couple of quick pics (sorry they are a little dark.)

I am using a charging dock I bought off of Amazon. Since this is the kind without a battery. I soldered the usb cable directly to the pins on the inside of the cradle. (some other slight modifications had to be done to do this.) second I removed the lower clip from the cradle it's self I then attached the cradle to the stand using double sided foam tape. To keep the watch attached I just close the clasp (just not lock it.) But because of this the base of the stand it's self had to be cut out a little in order for the band to close. Then I just use another strip of double sided tape and stuck it directly to the nightstand its self..

one more pic with and without flash.

bluegrassbandit42

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone willing to sell one of these 3D printed stands?

My cradle just broke, and from what I'm reading, it would be money better spent, rather than buying a cradle that is just going to break again.

My Gear S is white, so a white stand would be preferred.

Please, just pm me...

Thanks,
bluegrassbandit42

Posted via the Android Central App

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for someone to do the same. The file is out there somewhere to actually just get on a website upload it and they mail it to you. I'll see if I can find it.

Found it. Look on the first page of this thread and you'll find a .rar file with the stl in it. Just a warning though if you use one of the websites they can be expensive. If you could find somewhere local to you it'll be cheaper.

guydo

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
[Impression 3 D pour ma gear S
Prix: 19 €
P1050419.jpg
P1050415.jpg
ATTACH=CONFIG]218236[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 20160302_092659-1.jpg
    20160302_092659-1.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

cousssino

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
HI guydo

I just seen your pictures....I hope You will read this message....is it possible to order one pc of support!?
have You any info!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan