3 hr battery life.....help!

toddkageals

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I have had my Gear S for a few months now. My battery life has always varied wildly even though my use of the watch is pretty consistent. Sometimes I would have 65% at the end of day and others would be nearly dead but it always lasted a full day. In the past couple of weeks, the life has gotten much worse but it only seems affected when I am at work. This past weekend, I used my watch for several texts, a phone call or two, a 45 minute run with GPS and still made it through a full day with about 30% remaining. Today at work, it went from 100% to totally dead in 3 hours! WTF? I did not even use the watch for anything other than checking the time during those 3 hours. I did update something in Gear Manager last night hoping it would improve batter life as it was already dying in less than 8 hours when I am at work (not even using the watch). I do go in out of BT range from the phone when at work probably 10-20 times a day. The phone stays in my office and is connected to the office wi-fi. I'm not sure what's going on but my watch is useless if it will only run for 3 hours. Please note that I don't think there is anything wrong with the battery as on the weekends it stays charged all day. Help!!!

hichem jerbi

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
May be you are working in a hot environnement,,high temperature seriously affect battery life.
And frorm my own experience i found that battery life decrease fast when there's to many transaction of going in and out bluetooth range.
In my case the watch's battery stand longer when it's connected on its own network.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I used to barely make it a day when I had my watch activated through T-Mobile and connected to the phone via remote connection. I cancelled the plan and started connecting through BT.

Once I started connecting through BT, my battery life increased to 3 days plus easily.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I used to barely make it a day when I had my watch activated through T-Mobile and connected to the phone via remote connection. I cancelled the plan and started connecting through BT.

Once I started connecting through BT, my battery life increased to 3 days plus easily.

Took your advice and put mine on BT, paired to my Note 4. If I get out of range, it'll automatically switch to network or wifi anyway. I've had it on for over 8 hours and I'm still showing 92%. Thanks.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Took your advice and put mine on BT, paired to my Note 4. If I get out of range, it'll automatically switch to network or wifi anyway. I've had it on for over 8 hours and I'm still showing 92%. Thanks.
That's about right. You should get anywhere between two to three days on one charge this way.

I started hating the watch because I had to charge it every night before I started connecting through bluetooth.

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I always keep mine connected thru bt and I'm only getting to 30-40 by 10-11 pm. Not really sure what's going on

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy