Screen won't turn on

May 11, 2015
Visit site
This is my second time experiencing this issue. I have a Samsung Gear S since November 2014. On two occasions the screen has not booted up after a full night of charging. I will note that I have the luxury of just taking out the sim card and using other devices while my smart watch is down. Here is what I have figured out: after traveling for many weeks I arrived home and plugged in my watch into a power strip outlet to charge all night. I have used this power strip before however it gives me issues when I unplug it and plug it back in after traveling. The watch was plugged in all night, when I woke up the screen would not turn on. Complete blackness. The charger is showing a blue light which means it does have some juice in it. I try to start it all day, doesn't work. Yet my Note 4 shows its connected via bluetooth. I plug it into another outlet directly in the wall, plug shows red. I wait 8 hours, still will not boot up. I unplug it and go to sleep. Wake up and try to start it, it works. Boots up fine. Battery shows 1%. Plug it into charger (same outlet as before), wait 20 minutes, the battery is now showing 10%. Now it starts up fine. I have experienced this twice. Both times after 24 hours the watch boots up again. Either there is a strange timer in the flawed code, or a spurt of electricity causes a 24 hour delay in booting up. Very strange. In the mean time, Samsung offered to replace the watch but I don't have time to send it in. Samsung indicated that it could take weeks to return. No loaners.

kieso

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure the clip on the charger isn't broke? It may seem like it's attached but if the clip is broke it won't be making enough contact to charge the watch. The blue light you see is probably indicating the battery in the charger is charged

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem with mine recently. Called them sent back at their expense using 2nd day air and they replaced it. Received replacement 1 week later

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37