Owners of the Gear S... How do you like it?

Tommyagd

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Depends on what you want it to do? It compliments any samsung device it is compatible with well. Looks good also.
Issue for me is with the awful battery/charger build. Quite flimsy with the clips that lock it onto the phone breaking regularly. I've had mine for 7 months and now on my second battery/charger. I expect Samsung to take responsibility for this defect but they still not listening!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm very pleased with mine. I keep it paired to my Note 4, via BT, so my battery life is excellent. It connects remotely when I'm out of range anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I've had a Pebble Steel and a Moto 360... the Gear S blows non-cellular smartwatches away. It is wonderful not to have to worry about bringing my phone along when out walking the dog or running a quick errand. <3 my Gear S on T-Mobile!

DonShock

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
... the Gear S blows non-cellular smartwatches away. It is wonderful not to have to worry about bringing my phone along ....
Exactly! If you can't stand to leave your phone behind, there's a whole buffet of choices depending on your tastes. But if you want to dump the phone or just not have to think about it at all, then the Gear S is your only real choice. It's the freedom that is the main selling point of the Gear S and I am surprised at how little effort Samsung is making to push the Gear S in it's advertisements. With all the Apple watch news lately. pitching this big difference would seem like a no brainer.

The Gear S fits my needs so well that one of my worries is that the lack of Gear S ads means Samsung is abandoning the idea of cellular smart watches. I would hate to give up the convenience of my Gear S when it needs replacing because there are no more SIM equipped watches available. Having only Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections means keeping the cell phone near. OK at home, but not what I need when I go out and need the extra freedom.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got a ATT one for 180 on ebay, the Verizon ones were just still too damn expensive, so, when I get it, its going to be BT unless somehow you can get a cheap prepaid SIM I can pop in there every now and then.

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
... if you want to dump the phone or just not have to think about it at all, then the Gear S is your only real choice. It's the freedom that is the main selling point of the Gear S and I am surprised at how little effort Samsung is making to push the Gear S in it's advertisements. With all the Apple watch news lately. pitching this big difference would seem like a no brainer.
Funny, I've been thinking the same. Seems Samsung is missing an opportunity to call out a competitive advantage (gear s = cellular vs apple watch = not cellular).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez