Data Tether

JRDEMASKUS

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Ideally, with a SIM card in my watch, I should be able to receive data and tether to a phone or tablet that does not have a data connection.
IE...tablet without cellular connectivity, or a phone with no SIM card in it.
Wether BT or WiFi, I don't seem to see how to use my watch data for another device.
Am I missing something simple, do I have to root?
ATT locked devices.
Is anybody else using the S Gear as a primary device with a companion, non cellular connected, tablet or phone?
Sorry if this is a common question, Search did not yield the results I was looking for.

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Ideally, with a SIM card in my watch, I should be able to receive data and tether to a phone or tablet that does not have a data connection.
IE...tablet without cellular connectivity, or a phone with no SIM card in it.
Wether BT or WiFi, I don't seem to see how to use my watch data for another device.
Am I missing something simple, do I have to root?
ATT locked devices.
Is anybody else using the S Gear as a primary device with a companion, non cellular connected, tablet or phone?
Sorry if this is a common question, Search did not yield the results I was looking for.

Snapdragon 400 probably supports. It also probably supports more cellular bands than the Gear S has active (two which varies by model).

Tizen isn't Android and there aren't millions of device hobbyists tinkering on hundreds of devices across multiple OEMs sharing mods that can be used by the masses.

Without drivers and low level OS access I wouldn't even know where someone would begin in developing what you're looking for.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The tiny battery in the watch makes it not a viable solution.
The watch was never designed to be a stand alone device. It always need a phone one way or another.

JRDEMASKUS

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that is what I was afraid of.
Too bad.
While I understand the watch battery is small, It would be nice to use the data tether as needed, not long term.
I have switched the SIM back to the phone, too much typing to do for the watch. Voice to text is slow to process and needs too much correction.
Thanks for the replies.
Maybe the Urbane LTE will step up the Standalone functionality.