Samsung support is non existent

dbarnes2270

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone ever try to get sorry for your gear s? I've broken two charging docks and now the watch keeps restarting and killing the battery. Tried to report it to Samsung and there is no tab that relates to the watch to get live chat support and the website doesn't recognize any serial number that I use. Feeling kinda frustrated.

Posted via the Android Central App

davidendry

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with their on-line "service repair request". It wouldn't recognize my serial number and through numerous phone calls they acted like I made up the number even after I sent a close up photo. Eventually, they gave me a ticket to send the watch in for what I expected to be repairs covered by the warranty.

WATCH OUT (pun intended). The warranty says it doesn't cover physical damage. My watch wasn't damaged because of physical abuse. It broke, I suppose due to cheap materials. What is a warranty for if it covers only an undamaged device?

badlug.JPG

One "lug" that holds the band to the watch gave way within it's first year. They insist it isn't covered and sent me a bill for $188.59 - the watch cost $199 in December 2014. Many calls, chats and emails with Samsung support got me no where.

How is a device worth anything if Samsung says it is OK to fall apart in less than a year? I treated the watch carefully, yet the lug deteriorated and won't hold the wrist band rendering it useless. How is that not covered by their warranty?

I am very disappointed. Samsung apparently doesn't support their products.

Sandro Curia

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Got a gear s broke the bangle band that I purchase separate can't find a black oem replacement band anywhere call samsung got directed to three different departments that don't no what I'm talking about gave up on samsung. The only thing I miss from Apple is their support for they're older models and their customer service

Posted via the Android Central App