How does Tizen handles notification?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've asked this before and haven't received an specific response about it so I created a thread on the new Gear S2 forum but I was suggested to try it again here to see if I have better luck this time, so here it is.

The last time I used a Samsung Gear (Gear 2) with Tizen, the main reason I switched to Android Wear as soon as the Moto 360 was released was because of the inefficient way it handled notification, at least for me, I mean, there I had an email and I could see it on the watch and delete it, but there it was waiting for me in the phone, so a guy like me with 2 Email accounts, receiving up to 100 emails daily because of my job, couldn't keep deleting 100 emails on the watch and then needing to see them again on the phone.

As you can see this was not useful, maybe another type of user doesn't have this issues but for me and others like me this is really a pain. With Android Wear I saw finally a way to see my emails, SMS and other notifications in general, and I can simply delete them, or delete the email and it gets deleted from the phone/app. So, has this changed? Did Samsung realize that this is no good and change the way it handles notifications and emails or is it still the same?

I'd really love to try the new S2 Classic but it really depends on this, if not, I'll keep using my Asus Zenwatch until the Huawei watch gets a price reduction.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It has not advanced at all. I have delete them both from watch and phone manually, twice. Very annoying.

Oh, that's very disappointing as I was really looking forward to get one, but definitely not if they don't work on this important thing, can't really understand why yet don't do it.

Thanks for the information.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy