Pocketcast on Gear S

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know a way to access podcasts from Pocketcast on the watch by itself? I would like a way to go to the gym with just my watch and Bluetooth headset while listening to my podcasts. I like PocketCast because it syncs with multiple devices. To me, this would be a killer feature for the watch.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know a way to access podcasts from Pocketcast on the watch by itself? I would like a way to go to the gym with just my watch and Bluetooth headset while listening to my podcasts. I like PocketCast because it syncs with multiple devices. To me, this would be a killer feature for the watch.

1. Open Pocket Casts
2. Go to Settings
3. Go to Storage
4. Change "Store podcasts on" to "Custom Folder"
5. Change "Custom folder location" to "/storage/emulated/0/Samsung/Music"
6. You will then be asked if you want to move all podcasts to the new folder.
7. Go into Gear Manager and move any of your podcasts to your Gear
8. Work out while listening to your favorite podcasts.

Enjoy. Let me know how it works.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Awesome tip! The only problem is that the audio files are in the Samsung music folder but in the Pocketcast folder and not visible in Gear manager. Any ideas on how to fix this so they are visible?

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Awesome tip! The only problem is that the audio files are in the Samsung music folder but in the Pocketcast folder and not visible in Gear manager. Any ideas on how to fix this so they are visible?

Moving the directory to the Samsung Music directory should make it visible. I never attempted to move the audio to my gear, but was able to view the podcasts through gear manager. I'd use the file explorer and confirm the files are in the Samsung Music directory. Took me a couple tries to get the files in the right place so they'd be visible.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
This worked great! It also automatically syncs when I'm charging at night. I'm looking forward to going to the gym without my phone!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63