My Samsung Galaxy Gear S keeps freezing / gets a mind of its own

Omar Othman1

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I am now on my 3rd Galaxy Gear S. Thankfully Samsung have replaced the device twice because they don't know what it is, and today, I got my third unit. At least 2 times a week the device acts up and rotates between three screens... for example, it will show you that it's 2 o'clock for 2 seconds, 10 o'clock for 2 seconds, then a popup of your last notification for 2 seconds. Those screens will keep looping unless you hard reset. If you try to make any commands you have less then 3 seconds before the next loop so your best bet is to know the menu by heart and get to the factory reset, that's the only solution. But that is a pain killer not a cure.... Samsung told me today that one of my apps on my phone could have caused this as it works fine on other devices... How am I supposed to go through tons of apps uninstalling them one by one looking for the guilty app?! Extremely frustrating. Has anyone with a Gear S faced this problem? If so, what did you do?

cperrry1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This is just a suggestion. First, go to app manager and delete all apps associated with gear manager, most are orange. Then delete Samsung gear manager. Clear your cache. Then check to see what apps you have running on your phone, in app manager, chances are one of them is the problem. I would also clear your cache partiton. Turn off your phone. Hold the home button, hold the up volume button, and push the power button. When the device starts to come on, release the power button and home button but continue to hold up volume button. You should see a green android icon. On that screen use your volume button to move down to clear cache partition, hit power button. Do it again, then reset device. This will not factory reset your device.
I also recommend you factory reset your gear. Hope this helps.
Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12