Tmobile no longer carrying the Gear S

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I love the Gear S and have wanted one since they were first released. But I just couldn't bring myself to pay the $300 plus for one, so I've patiently waited for the price to come down, especially since the Gear S2 had been released. I called Tmobile today to see what kind of price I could get one for and I was told they no longer carry the original Gear S. I guess I played myself out lol. I'm too leery of Craigslist to buy one locally used so I guess I'll have to try ebay. I can't believe they discontinued carring them without dropping the price first. Oh well...

Posted via the Android Central App

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T is the same one as the T-mobile one. just pick one up and get a t-mobile sim for it. simple as that.

No, not that simple. First of all, AT&T version is locked to AT&T. You will have it unlocked first. Secondly, T-Mobile offers a $5/mo wearable plan. But it only works for T-Mobile version Gear S and S2 with IMEI in the T-mo database. All others versions of Gear S will require a smartphone plan.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I bought an AT&T version and couldn't get them to unlock it for me. I felt that if I had to pay someone to unlock it to use on Tmobile, I'd just return it and buy the Tmobile version. I waited too long and now they don't sell them anymore

Posted via the Android Central App

Brick ONeil

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I bought an ATT Gear S and tried to put it on TMo and they refused, plus ATT refused to unlock the Gear S from Target. I had to return it and buy the TMo one from the TMo store, which was $50 more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair