Gear S Will Not Connect Through BT

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a S7 Edge that I received on Friday. Until today, it had no problem connecting and staying commented to the phone. The only way I can get the watch to connect is to reset the watch and then after a short time, it disconnects again.

I have a Note 5 that I can try and connect to but my main sim is in the S7 Edge as I want to use that as my take with me phone. Anyone have any ideas here? Thanks

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I figured out the problem. The S7 Edge is running Marshmallow and the Gear S is not compatible with it.

I've proven this by pairing the watch with my Note 5 running Lollipop and it connects and I can send music and pictures to it. Can't do any of that when paired to the S7 Edge.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I figured out the problem. The S7 Edge is running Marshmallow and the Gear S is not compatible with it.

I've proven this by pairing the watch with my Note 5 running Lollipop and it connects and I can send music and pictures to it. Can't do any of that when paired to the S7 Edge.
well now that's a total bummer since M is starting to roll out to devices.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
After the marshmallow update on my note 5 my gear s doesn't auto connect anymore

It's been working great with my S7 Edge once again. I'm not sure what happened. I just can't seem to send any music or pictures to the watch on the S7 Edge. I can if I pair with a Note 5 on Lollipop which makes me believe that this is now a Marshmallow problem.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
It's been working great with my S7 Edge once again. I'm not sure what happened. I just can't seem to send any music or pictures to the watch on the S7 Edge. I can if I pair with a Note 5 on Lollipop which makes me believe that this is now a Marshmallow problem.
Samsung is quietly pushing out a firmware update to the S that fixes the issues with Marshmallow. There's another thread about some getting the update already. Only information I've been able to find is Sprint and Verizon have already started pushing theirs out. No word yet on when AT&T and T-Mobile versions will start seeing the update.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Samsung is quietly pushing out a firmware update to the S that fixes the issues with Marshmallow. There's another thread about some getting the update already. Only information I've been able to find is Sprint and Verizon have already started pushing theirs out. No word yet on when AT&T and T-Mobile versions will start seeing the update.
Thanks. Mine is T-Mobile.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463