New Samsung Gear S Owner - Has my moment passed?

Monique King-Viehland

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
So I did a lot of research, played with both devices and after much consternation I decided on the Samsung Gear S versus the Gear S2! I'm excited, but a bit afraid of ordering outdated technology. Will there be any apps for the Gear S and will developers continue to provide support for those apps? And will Samsung continue to provide support for the Gear S?

I love to hear your thoughts?

Monique

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
The Gear S3 comes out early September. You might want to wait until then and at least see if the Gear S3 peaks your interest in any way. :)

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
The S1 has pretty much been abandoned by Samsung and developers BUT not before getting most kinks out, unlike the Gear Fit 1, Gear 1, etc. What you'll find will be dated but will work as hoped for the most part.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
So I did a lot of research, played with both devices and after much consternation I decided on the Samsung Gear S versus the Gear S2! I'm excited, but a bit afraid of ordering outdated technology. Will there be any apps for the Gear S and will developers continue to provide support for those apps? And will Samsung continue to provide support for the Gear S?

Monique

Samsung support is awful but I love my gear s. Not really a fan of the round screen of the gear s2 or s3. The screen seems so much smaller than my gear s.

Monique King-Viehland

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I finally got mine a few days ago and I am super excited! Hopefully, I won't need Samsung support anytime soon...knock on wood. I agree, I was not impressed with the round screen on the S2 and it was so much smaller!

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I finally got mine a few days ago and I am super excited! Hopefully, I won't need Samsung support anytime soon...knock on wood. I agree, I was not impressed with the round screen on the S2 and it was so much smaller!
It's literally half the size of the S1 measured by usable screen.
What I've found, as I said before, is the apps I've gotten are pretty polished for those that are S1 specific and the ones that are S1 and S2 capable are still getting updates. Samsung support? I think they're just a bunch of folks trying to earn a paycheck with 0 training and 0 input from above other than "make customer happy".

CraesheTurbo

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I love the wrist band look of the S. Big screen. And give my notifications. That all I expect out of it. I don't want to play games or surf the web, that's what my phone is for. Clock and notifications.....love it!

Posted via the Android Central App

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I love the wrist band look of the S. Big screen. And give my notifications. That all I expect out of it. I don't want to play games or surf the web, that's what my phone is for. Clock and notifications.....love it!

Posted via the Android Central App
I use the web for opening links in emails or quick Google searches. The radar app is a must have for me (US Radar Shots) when out kayaking and my phone isn't work me. My Notes In Gear, a calculator, a calendar, the voice memo app are also ones I use at least daily for tasks I used to use the phone for. When I'm toting a heavy object and my boss calls it's a lot easier to just answer the watch instead of pulling out my phone.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Got mine in April and worked great until I upgraded my note 4 to 6.0. Long story but Samsung will extend the warranty for 12 months if you can provide proof of purchase from reputable seller. Waiting on samsung for a week now to say yea or nay on covering what they think is a software issue with my watch. In the meantime, I just ordered a new s2 from verizon for their promo price of $50. Hopefully I will end up with 2 working watches. Both have their merits.

Monique King-Viehland

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
So it's been about a week and I am using the Samsung Gear S with the Note 7. Things are working almost perfectly (knock on wood) and I am very happy! Only issue is that I do not appear to be getting email and message notifications when I am connected remotely. Still working on that.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

Monique
I have a Note 4 and also noticed glitches. What will Samsung do?

How did you get an S2 for $50?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Got mine in April and worked great until I upgraded my note 4 to 6.0. Long story but Samsung will extend the warranty for 12 months if you can provide proof of purchase from reputable seller. Waiting on samsung for a week now to say yea or nay on covering what they think is a software issue with my watch. In the meantime, I just ordered a new s2 from verizon for their promo price of $50. Hopefully I will end up with 2 working watches. Both have their merits.
I have a Note 4 and also noticed glitches. What will Samsung do?

How did you get an S2 for $50?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Verizon was running a promo. $50 for an S2, $100 for the classic, both 3g. Only problem is we get to wait until December 1 when they ship. Apparently they are severely back ordered. Just couldn't pass up on the price. Pretty happy with my Gear S.

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Verizon was running a promo. $50 for an S2, $100 for the classic, both 3g. Only problem is we get to wait until December 1 when they ship. Apparently they are severely back ordered. Just couldn't pass up on the price. Pretty happy with my Gear S.

Can the S2 also operate without bluetooth or close range of the phone?

vice86

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Played with both an S and S2. Liked the S better and still use it with my trusty old Note 3. I wish Samsung would do another watch like the S and just make it slightly larger or less bezel/more screen and thinner. People still ask today "what is that?"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1