Milk Music Going away

RC_Cola

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Milk Music is going away next month. I listen to Milk Music on my Gear S every morning when I run. Has anyone heard if there will be a replacement for it to be installed on the Gear S.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I haven't heard of a replacement but it's actually a "skin" of sorts for Slacker Radio. I've been a Slacker member since the beginning (at least I think it was the beginning) and never understood why they don't get more love from the community. Unlike Pandora you can download stations to your memory card for offline listening with their $4/month membership, and unlimited skips as well. You can also search (if it can be done in Pandora I didn't find it easily so gave up). I wish Pandora was more like Slacker because Pandora works with my car stereo natively, i.e. I can thumbs up and thumbs down on the head unit rather than fumbling for my phone..., but at the end of the day Slacker just seems to have more options for finding what I'm looking for and listening to it without using data.

Anyway I digress...sounds like Samsung has something in mind for its music future...but if you are desperate for something now try Slacker (or one of the other endless choices of competitors).

RC_Cola

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I know that Milk Music was actually Slacker Radio. But will there be a Gear app for Slacker when Milk Music stops?

I found out about Milk Radio going away next month was when I rebuilt my phone. I was in the process of installing Milk Music on my Gear S when the message about Milk Music ending next month popped up on my phone

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I totally missed the "gear" functionality part. Sorry! And how I managed to miss that since this IS in a Gear forum is beyond me. Apologies for my unhelpful post!