If Tizen only, no!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Since I won't be switching to the Note 5, and probably leaving Sammy, it doesn't appeal to me. Not being totally compatible with other Android devices is a bummer. :'(

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That is something I don't like as well. IMO devices should be compatible with as many devices as possible. Closing it off to one brand really stings the ability to try what you like.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Their watched are great but limited to only Samsung devices. They are trying so hard to be like Apple and just making products for their own brand work together.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
That is something I don't like as well. IMO devices should be compatible with as many devices as possible. Closing it off to one brand really stings the ability to try what you like.

Pretty much, it's already enough that it's closed to the Android platform.. but also WITHIN the Android platform? Sigh.

Anyhow, I'm disappointed it sports Tizen.. Now that i've been using Android Wear.. I can't go back.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
LG, Asus & Moto also make good Android wear devices. Sammy just can't figure this one out.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
LG, Asus & Moto also make good Android wear devices. Sammy just can't figure this one out.

Pretty much, which is sad. I mean they got probably the best R&D in the industry and yet they're stuck with it?... Maybe they simply don't wanna venture into that area.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has smart watches before google started by quite a bit of time. Android wear just has not been around long enough and is not as advanced as the tizen OS for the smart watch. As far as compatibility, it is open to android and they are even going to open it up to iPhone soon. This is the most capable smart watch any company has produced and mostly because samsung has been producing smart watches the longest.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has smart watches before google started by quite a bit of time. Android wear just has not been around long enough and is not as advanced as the tizen OS for the smart watch. As far as compatibility, it is open to android and they are even going to open it up to iPhone soon. This is the most capable smart watch any company has produced and mostly because samsung has been producing smart watches the longest.

Wait, Android Wear isn't as advanced as Tizen?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The only reason I want it is b/c of tizen. The circular way of scrolling through apps just seems so much more efficient. And The rotating bezel makes it even *more* efficient! so much less swiping. I ordered the Urbane, it was alright but the Android Wear felt really inefficient. Now that i see both the operating system and the rotating bezel functions on the S2, def. going to check it out. I had to opt out of the new Moto and the Huawei b/c of the AW.

Wutsdaplan

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if now that the S2 will be compatible with all android devices in October, if the Gear 2 will be compatible as well? Does anyone have an update on this working with a HTC One M8 5.0.2?

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I will stick with my Gear S. I wouldn't want a smaller watch, don't know why anyone would. Might be good for a first time smart watch but no reason to go TO the S2 FROM the S.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I will stick with my Gear S. I wouldn't want a smaller watch, don't know why anyone would. Might be good for a first time smart watch but no reason to go TO the S2 FROM the S.

Staying with my Note 4 and Gear S!

These two are so good that any real upgrade would have been super sweet!

However, Samsung who created those 2 super items, choose to step backwards in upgrading both.
In reality what was supposed to be In my case a no question ask pay the money upgrade, turns into you could not give me Note 5 and Gear S2 for free!

On my Note, not giving up my removable battery and sd card! With the Gear S, not going to a smaller screen either! No way!
On the Gear S2, they could have easily made 15% bigger and still keep the good looks. Also, they could have made both models 3g. I am sure Samsung lost a lot of SURE SALES on these 2.

Just my 2 cents,

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm the total opposite. Take my money. I quickly sold my Note 4 for the 5. Smoother experience with a much better build.

I've never been a battery swapper and the lack of a SD card is a negative I've grown use to the cloud. I switch phones a lot so the cloud makes it easy in that case.

As for the watch the Gear S was awesome. Love the big screen but in the end it was to bulky and needed a refined interface. The Gear S2 gives a much better UI and the need for the bigger screen is negated by the scrolling bezel.

Sent from one of my many devices.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm the total opposite. Take my money. I quickly sold my Note 4 for the 5. Smoother experience with a much better build.

I've never been a battery swapper and the lack of a SD card is a negative I've grown use to the cloud. I switch phones a lot so the cloud makes it easy in that case.

As for the watch the Gear S was awesome. Love the big screen but in the end it was to bulky and needed a refined interface. The Gear S2 gives a much better UI and the need for the bigger screen is negated by the scrolling bezel.

Sent from one of my many devices.

Hiya, that proves my theory of how people can have an Opposite View/Opinion on a specific subject and THEY BOTH BE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! :)

We are BOTH correct here! I would not take Note 5, if it was free. I have 110 gbs of movies, pics, and large hi res audio flac files on my Note 4. Plus , I can swap out battery in 15 seconds and back to 100%.

Om my Gear S, I enjoy the balanced size of the screen! I could go down a little on screen size, but not that size drop that is on the S2! Most high end round sport watches are bigger than the S2!
I like to show off my racing, skydiving and extreme exercise pics, on the S2, you need a magnifying glass!

I am sure there are a lot of peeps that share your opinion, just as there are a lot peeps like me that will not accept what appears to be a downgrade for those two.

I am quite sure Samsung is not busting the gate on sales with those two either! Losing diehard Samsung Fanboy such as me will surely hurt sales! Also makes me vulnerable to another maker who comes out with like items, and increases features!

Again, you made a very good reply.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
For me, it's all about some other things. I thought I would miss the removable battery and SD card, but I haven't. I was using only a few gigs of the 32gb SD card I had in there anyway. Plus, I'm pretty good with keeping my battery charging somehow when I'm in class or at home.
I had the original gear, and loved it, but it broke and I had to get something else. Tried the gear fit, and wasn't really doing enough to use it the right way. Settled on the Moto 360 and love it so far. Not sure how the Tizen system really works on a watch, but the S2 has me intrigued enough to give it a try.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
For me, it's all about some other things. I thought I would miss the removable battery and SD card, but I haven't. I was using only a few gigs of the 32gb SD card I had in there anyway. Plus, I'm pretty good with keeping my battery charging somehow when I'm in class or at home.
I had the original gear, and loved it, but it broke and I had to get something else. Tried the gear fit, and wasn't really doing enough to use it the right way. Settled on the Moto 360 and love it so far. Not sure how the Tizen system really works on a watch, but the S2 has me intrigued enough to give it a try.
I might give the S2 a try, and keep and open mind. However, going down in size IMO, doesn't even sound right.
Supposed they had dropped the NOTE 5, down to 5 inches? That would have been an instant turn off to a lot of customers.

Just my 2 cents..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital