Ambient light sensor?

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Does it have an ambient light sensor? It could be annoying to be glaringly bright and have to keep adjusting it.

drjosephkim

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know WHERE the ambient light sensor is located on the Gear S2?

The Moto 360 has it on the bottom of the display (that's why we get the "flat tire" look)
The Original Gear S it on the front, below the display, next to the rectangular button.

Most of the other Android Wear watches don't have ambient light sensors at this point (the Sony Smartwatch 3 also has a light sensor)

So, where is the light sensor on the Gear S2?

zuko33

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Just read the full androidcentral review on the S2 and the review says the S2 has no automatic brightness mode. I thought the S2 has an ambient light sensor but without an automatic brightness mode what's the point and what exactly does the ambient light sensor do?
Is the reviewer just wrong or am i missing something?
I really want to get the S2 but automatic brightness adjustment when going from indoors low light to bright light outdoors is a must for me. I have the original Zenwatch right now and like it but find it totally useless outdoors or in any bright light situation. If the S2 doesn't automatically adjust to different light situations i'll probably just hold off and see what else comes out in the future.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Andrew is being confusing in his review that the S2 doesn't have automatic brightness. It technically doesn't in that the screen can't be set to auto brightness. You have to pick a setting (1 through 10), but if you normally leave it on five, it will go to maximum in bright light, it just won't go to 1 in total darkness. And sensor works GREAT when I encounter bright light (sun or bright artificial light).

jjudk001

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I made a video showing this, I Just can't link to it without 10 posts, feel free to search for "gear s2 ambient light sensor" and you will find it.

kmroth20

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Is it on the classic as well? I watched the video, but don't have the outdoor setting choice.

Posted via the Android Central App

onlysamsung6

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know WHERE the ambient light sensor is located on the Gear S2?

The Moto 360 has it on the bottom of the display (that's why we get the "flat tire" look)
The Original Gear S it on the front, below the display, next to the rectangular button.

Most of the other Android Wear watches don't have ambient light sensors at this point (the Sony Smartwatch 3 also has a light sensor)

So, where is the light sensor on the Gear S2?

It is actually in the screen which is quite amazing its in the very middle of the screen but is only visable if you look at it on a certain angle in certain lighting i actually found i buy accident

Attachments

• 1451649691957.jpg
    1451649691957.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 27

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon