Gear S2 Videos on YouTube

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, just watched them. I am confused. On the the regular Gear S2 (non 3g), the video shows answering calls is via the smartphone, not the watch itself?! I would prefer the option to talk on the watch like all the previous iterations.

Last edited:

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^@ListenToJulian So I am guessing you now realize that there is no speaker on that version of the Gear S2 you reviewed in your video. The 3G version which will have a SIM card to be released in early November will come equipped with a speaker to enable you to use the watch for phone conversations without using a phone.

ListenToJulian

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Yup. I just couldn't get past the idea of why. The problem is I like the classic version but there's no talks of a 3G classic variant...

Posted via the Android Central App

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^As of now it certainly is a head scratcher as to why the decision was made to not have the classic version also equipped with 3G capabilities. Not sure if was a Samsung decision or a carrier decision. I certainly will be getting the "sport" version with 3G in November though. And thanks again for taking the time to make the video review.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23