No uber app yet?

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought this was going to be one of the launch apps, yet I cannot find it in the gear app store.

This is not the first time Samsung has done this, and it's making me more frustrated about the S2. The author of the first impressions story here on AC notes that many of the apps that were demoed at IFA aren't available. With previous Gear watch releases, Samsung has repeatedly promised and even demoed some apps that were never released. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything that isn't on the watch right now. Is there any indication anywhere that the Uber app that was demoed is even real? Is Uber supposed to be the developer?

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This is not the first time Samsung has done this, and it's making me more frustrated about the S2. The author of the first impressions story here on AC notes that many of the apps that were demoed at IFA aren't available. With previous Gear watch releases, Samsung has repeatedly promised and even demoed some apps that were never released. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything that isn't on the watch right now. Is there any indication anywhere that the Uber app that was demoed is even real? Is Uber supposed to be the developer?

Not sure at all. I just read the hands on preview here, and the uber functioned seemed perfect for me.

Hands-on with the new Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch | Android Central

Buji

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Haha! I thought I was going nuts because I thought the same thing and couldn't find it. Guess I have fifteen days to return it if this looks like it's going too stay a closed ecosystem.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ReggieReg72

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it looks like there is quite a long list of apps that Samsung promised would be Day 1 apps.. I'm hoping there isn't some bait and switch going on.. ha

Posted via the Android Central App

Frank Booth

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Although there is no native Uber app on the S2, I just discovered that the Uber app on my Edge sends notifications with decent functionality to the watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet